About nerf cries against our faction...

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by MakarovJAC, Aug 5, 2014.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Ok, I don't want to sound rude. And I don't want to take it against ANYONE, specifically on this faction.

However, I feel worried that people seems to forget what do we do IN-game.

For anyone outside of a match, dealing half the price in nora against an enemy champion is outrageous. For the guy dealing the damage, he might have had to sacrifice a good champion just to make sure the damage was worth the already elevated cost of such a spell.

Guys, we don't stack up on spells to keep ourselves alive for a while. We don't spam healing, or status debuff to make sure the opponent has to wait turns just to see if he's got anything left to do.

We are damage. I admit. Post Re-Revamp, we are now the faction which generally has the most damage around. At base. Let's remember the amount of Surge, Battle Master, and other boost abbilities around. We lack range, so we are forced to sacrifice AP just to get to punch a champion in the face. Unlike some factions which just have to hide behind a terrain obstacle, or a cheap meat champion spamming ranged attacks, spells, and debuffs.

We DO walk straight into battle. We DO look up for battle. We DO sacrifice our own for the sake of victory. We DO damage OUR own shrines for an additional 2 AP. Guys, we do things to achieve victory which NONE of the other factions will ever experience, tolerate, or perform. They would cry before using things such as Nexus Aura. THose of us who use it won't bat an eye at the idea of injuring others for the sake of one. And THAT is a double-edge sword.

If we suddenly have something which actually works, or has good synergy, we can't lose it. For each Madening Echoes, we have got 1 sacrifice, 1 Retribution, 1 Eye for an Eye, 1 Mindslicer Boomerang, 1 Price of Victory, 1 Purefire, 1 Masochism, and 1 Superiority.

If there's something we need is more synergy. More abbilities and champions which benefit from such a concept. Not to simply go and destroy whatever "blessing" rune which doesn't require any additional price to get to work.

Tweek516, TeaNinja and drathys like this.
  2. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

HURRAH!

MEATMAN and drathys like this.
  3. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Purefire is actually amazing, because it works on enemies.
    Though it is definitely no Purge.

Also, Superiority is considered by some to be one of the best AOE spells available. Like a lot of stuff, it's horrible in mirrors, though.

Price of Victory is dumb and bad, of course.

4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

i'd run price of victory in all my bg's over just a few if it could give just a little more AP, even just a simple 3 would do a lot better than 2. 2 just doesn't do it in a lot of cases.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Price of Victory is Auto, don't know what y'all are on about...

6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

sometimes just don't have the space

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

Then I guess you just don't know the price of victory

8. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

PoV is good, and always will be viable.

I'd see it changed, personally, and I won't represent that argument, but it's so far removed from 'dumb and bad' that I couldn't withhold post.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

you've changed my mind. time to find space.

10. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

True, all i hear is mimimi. Its so annoying. UD was always the strongest faction and now it got a nerf.

11. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Wait... when did UD get nerfed? I missed that.