Acid BG

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Aghatoor, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

Hello everybody :) i'm trying to build an acid based BG, but i'm not sure about some choice, most of all there are many nice champs to choose, and i'm not able to decide XD this is what i thought, mixing acid with a little of sand/aoe:

https://poxbase.com/deck/CllC8fChGCx+cfGCaJCdnCdQCzVs6Ls55sas5ks8_sHs95r3r2IrPe1le1Fe3w

Acid Dartwing & Myx Sandlion: great ranged units, high damage with acid greeting/scour.
    Acid Elemental: All of his ability work with acid, auto-in according to me.
    Skywing Imperator: Massive aoe damage for him, and a little sand generator.
    Farcrags Tardigrade & Myx Adamant: our tanks, great survivability and work around acid.
    Skywing Acidcraw + Sundered Phoenix: our beaters, great damage and nice speed, i'm not sure about upgrades on the phoenix, both scour and swoop are nice.
    Dunes Manticore: great sand generator for the mantle, aoe damage and utilities, great rune.

Other good runes to include:
    Skeezick Alchemist: action potion + acid bomb.
    Vexian Neodrake: very cheap unit with attack: acid and good abilities, maybe instead of the acidcraw (his reinforcement is quite useless).
    Vindrax: bomb + god stats.
    Draksar Pursuer: sundered exploit and acid trap are both good abilities, maybe in instead of acidcraws.
    Totem of the Fallen: bomb, greeting, heal mass, majesty, great support unit.
    Myx Spitter & Mindwarp: spitter is very good beater, good range and damage, but so squishy, mindwarp could be nice for vigor acid + acid acolyte.

Any suggestion? :)

2. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

I used to run one of these, but I didn't get much out of it. I've since disassembled it, let me know if you have any better luck.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I had the same fate as you @Heart, but I'm still waiting for a better player to enlight me, or a better set of runes to lift it up.

In my experience, this champions are 2x auto:
    Acid Dartwing (Greeting, Evasive (3))
    Skeezick Alchemist (Grant: Action Potion)
    Skithmaw Hunter (Charge (3), Leap (3))
    Sundered Phoenix (Swoop)
    Vexian Neodrak (Regeneration (2), Tormented)

Also I find 1x Quarry Mark autoinclude, and 1x Peridot Sphere being useful in a lot of situations, specially in combination with the latter.

4. Qucas

Qucas Guest

How come you don't use Hear of Gnash? If equipped on an attack: acid champ, they will get attack fire and amplify acid and fire.

5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Overpriced :(

6. Leviathan

Leviathan I need me some PIE!

First off I would scrap it and move you towards a fire/acid bg so you can get some value out of dragon skull. Also you should definitely run a Myx Broodlord in there + skithmaw hunters, and take that tornado out! ;) here is the bg I have been using, it isn't pure acid/fire due to the fact I feel harbs are the best range option for me "due to having them available" https://poxbase.com/deck/C8fC8jc7XchGCx+caLC1DC9yC4+ckNct2ctbc3-S6LsaSjs73sYs8_r3rPe13 this is acid/fire + other goodies, simply because some units are too good to be missed.

Other option is a sand/acid bg I would advice you to go for. But sticking to the bg you posted... why no double acid storm??? and single type of damage is bad vs protectorate factions who have spells and other ways of gaining resistence.

Acid/fire is your best option to go as it gives you book burners that can cancel spells, which is massive for getting into right position, you have skithmaws for charge/leap + detection at good price + evasive 2. Tardigrade you already know why it is good :) and also use 2 firestorms and 2 acid storms, with a dragon skull out they all feel the horror.

Badgerale, Frogo, Corvo, Krezio, Slugudder, Ryuku, OH2O, Horrible, Booskap, Drache. Already taken these down and still no where near satisfied with modifying my bg + almost 2 years of not playing the game.

7. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

Nice BG man for sure, and i'd like to try it out (well without harbs lol) cause it seems very solid. However, u're right, my lack of alternative damage hurts, i put in 2x Phoenix for this reason, the only source of magic damage. I didn't go for the second acid storm because i preferred variety of choice, Vex Cor Pram could be very useful, even if it's not that good as the storm. And tornado is the only relic removal i have, for this reason i put it in. I thought about Broodlord and Skythmaw, and i yeah looking my list the SKythmaws are in 2x over the acidcraws for sure. While Broodlord is a very good unit, but i wasn't sure it could be good without drone generation and no free consuming unit. If i decided to mix Acid and Fire amp, i would probably take you list, swapping out Harbs + Doombringer (or maybe Dreadnought, even if he is soooooo strong) for 2x Priest of fury and Akakios.

About your BG, why no peridot sphere? Could be very good with your aoe spells. And also i miss the lack of Imperators, don't u like them (at leats 1x)? He can combo well with your amplify and aoe damage, and with a dune mantle he's damage is crazy.

8. Leviathan

Leviathan I need me some PIE!

I did run Imperators but they tended to be stuck in dock due to cost and CD 3 on acid storm so I swapped them out with 2 rip demons, and then match my opponent in nora cost for units + with dragon skull they hit super hard. For Dune Mantle then you gotta mix more sand it. And Priests have only 4-5 range, not useful as they can be zoned and Akakios does way less than Dreadnought. For no harbs I would go with some Myx range for that nice acid damage. I haven't found a problem with relics and even played a lot of SL/relic, FW/Skellie crap and more. I tend to get by with spells and attacks. I don't use Peridot Sphere due to having a lasher helm instead. the 5 constant damage is quite nice.

Broodlord with leap/tremor is the way to go in an acid bg "thanks to @MikeLin for pointing that choice out" and is actually really solid early game as he receives less damage from 1x1 units.

Aghatoor and Goyo like this.