Acid Storm (BG)

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Goyo, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Updated: Acid Storm replaced with Burning Sand. That extra damage early game and 5N worth it.

I managed to win against a variety of bgs with this build. I still strugle against Collosal and tankyness in general.

Acid Elemental is a nice 2º and 3º deploy. Consistent but lacks a bit of stats (an can hardly make use of Eater since he cannot tank).

Cobra and Skithmaw proven to be useful everytime. They are versatyle.

Cheap dragon bring the meat you need for fast contests and block 2x2. Also if left alive with low hp its double tap is tremendous.

Serpenfly delivers a LOT of damage, but it's squishy. His 7 SPD is fundamental to engage and attack, waiting in the distance.

Dartwing looks fine, never disapointed me, it usually shines when your opponent locks everything else, and you surprisely double tap with him. Also it's Evasive 2 works fantastic.

Phoenix is the star. The one rune that holds everything up. It results a bit costly on maps where the battle is far from your font, but monstruous when is not.

Alchemist is the copilot. Initiative on him was a brilliant idea, with 3 enemies out, you can manually increase 5AP on your allies, for fast contestings or instant backup, and on the next turn, he can bomb out!

Also Quarry Mark is remarcable, the best non champ rune of the deck in my opinion.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    michael pietrzak likes this.
  2. michael pietrzak

michael pietrzak The King of Potatoes

looks like fun. lots of fun!

Goyo likes this.
  3. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

How competitive do you think this bg is?
    Is amplifying enemy fire damage a problem when facing UD?

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I'm not good enough to call competitive a BG, nor to play with it at 100%. About Amplifing Fire, I wouldn't deploy the relic on the first place haha!

5. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

you wouldnt play the skull vs ud
    edit: deploy*

6. lordcreep

lordcreep The King of Potatoes

i would include a skywing imperator with acid bomb and acid acolyte you could run 2 but i think thats a little over the top

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I used to run him, but it didn't fit my aggresive playstile. The costly deploys are Phoenix and Alchemist, which do a lot more than him.

But I can see it included otherwise. In fact I haven't tried him with double bomb, sounds like a very good lategame rune.

8. lordcreep

yeah i see where your coming from as a stand alone rune he will get eaten up but late game when you have a few threats on the field already is when he will shine but i do like the look of this group. Have you thought of metamagic backlash?

9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Uhmm looks too situational. Until all factions can make use of charges, which doesn't seems to happen since all charge mechanics were decimated, it would be greatly outrunned by Burning Sands.

EDIT: Against single champions, your best bet are equipments. And if not, Kiss of Vex.

10. lordcreep

yeah i get what you mean i was gonna suggest blister but that doesnt do acid damage anymore must of been changed agers ago but then i ran that like in 09 lol.

i guess against UD you could run Antimagic Field but i guess its in the same boat as backlash but it could set up for some mean power turns

11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Also Blister would hit your own non reptile champs :(

Antimagic Field sounds interesting, never though of using it. I will give it a try instead of Cancel Magic.

12. lordcreep

lol yeah true oops you might power off your non reptiles lol

Yeah im thinking of changing cancel magic for it too seems more reliable than cancel magic but the only thing is your opponet knows you played that rune but that just makes them waste nora on champ develpoment in stead of powering out your units against swarm groups would be a small issue but i think it would work nice plus like i said with your group stands hard against UD just means you can power turn a few champs with the dragon skull and not be worried about the backlash of the fire increase

Goyo likes this.