acolyte vs eater

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bambino, Nov 29, 2016.

1. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

so I was making a bg that involved acolyte(elec) , (its been a while),, I noticed that there is a limit to which it can trigger, ,3x2hp=6hp.. im guessing that was nerfed,, prolly a while ago ,, but never noticed.
    I didnt like it so much,,, but with lots of elec dam and spells like elec storm and such,, I can see it can get op... so fine,,
    on another note,,, I was watching a match yesterday,,(map elem. plat.)
    , p1 had almost killed p2 Chosen of Os. but couldnt finish him off,,,,
    so on p2 turn, CoO simply spent his ap moving back and forth in the lava pit,,while keeping him safely away,,,
    (I know the dam varies, I also am aware this is nothing new),
    but at 5 hp a burn with 6 ap=30 hp heal ..,, yet two rank 3 heals will net u 12+12=24 and cost 6 ap as well...

I guess my point is, why hit the acolyte so hard (down to 6hp max a turn),,,, while eaters can gain unlimited health,, not to mention the acolyte usually has to spend nora to generate the acolyte effect,, while eater can do this and have access to the environment. ..?should all healing, non-healing¿ sources be capped?..
    keep in mind ,, im not advocating anything and im completely indifferent. just wondering what your thoughts are.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  2. Silfeed

Silfeed I need me some PIE!

When you say capped, could you explain a bit more on that? Are you saying like "a fire eater champ can only gain 12 hp max from walking on lava in a turn" or something to that extent?

My opinion though is that it should not be capped. It seems that in the match you saw, P2 had the perfect map draw. It's like flying/teleporting champs on certain maps. Imagine that game on another map and you'll see that fire eater wouldn't be as helpful.

Also, in an acolyte (elec) deck, you have things like g'hern sustainer and the meat pie spell that you can utilize, not saying you run them.

3. bambino

yes , I mean capped in the way u defined it...the same way acolyte is capped at 6hp a turn.
    I know map is relative as well..
    so u think that acolyte capped at 6 is ok while eater is fine without a cap?
    thats ultimately what Im getting at.

4. Silfeed

Silfeed I need me some PIE!

I do. I say that cause eater is not something that always pay off. With acolyte, you'll get your hp if you do the damage but with eater, your opponent has to go out of his way to make it work for him. Fire Blast, Tinder Box, Fire Auras, Fire Bombs, etc. If you have a nightmare down to 4 hp and your opponent spends their whole turn walking on lava, that's an extra turn your champ has to live.

Tweek516 and SPiEkY like this.
  5. bambino

yea. , I def considered the fact that acolyte can be gained without much effort. .but then again,, its mindful to keep a bg with a diverse set of dam types.
    .just seems 6hp a bit small..I dont think it should be unlimited, , maybe up it 2 more hp.
    a champ with 7ap rolling around in lava, weather environmental or fabricated can gain 35hp in one turn,,just seems on the high end, especially since champs whos actual role is to heal can never produce such generous results...

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Fire eater is unique in that its the only one that can heal through movement. so this isn't a fair comparison.

Also acolytes price was reduced quite a lot

7. Destorum

Destorum I need me some PIE!

Yo isn't poison eater still a thing? Assuming that the eaters healing would get capped and a coalst reduction wouldn't that just buff everything but fire and poison eater?

8. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I don't think there should be a cap for it or any other eater ability.

The healing being done by the interaction of fire eater etc. requires AP for it to work. If a champ is spending AP healing that means they aren't doing much attacking. On average the speed of a a champion is 6 so on one turn they may heal as much as 30 HP.

It' similar to No Khan Do in which you have to store 6 AP in order to dodge attacks they may deal up 30HP in damage. (Just an example)

Zephyr Shield is also similar in which your champion has to spend 3 AP in order for it gain a shield to protect it from oncoming attacks. you spend 6 ap and you gain 2 shields.

Now it can be argued that healing is different than dodging an attack but can you agree that with each one of those interactions the champion is not attacking?

The BEAUTY of Poxnora is in their maps. The particular map they were playing favors fire eaters and that's totally fine. In fact lava is pretty common in alot of maps. Players should consider running 1 terrain changing spell or run some type of healing counter such as Inhibit, Decaying, or Dark Healing. (Inhibited condition is more widespread than the others)

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  9. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Electricity eater can heal off walking through storm field!