Add ethereal pool to ban list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ulfheobar, May 27, 2017.

1. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

Like title said it.

This is not a nerf thread, this is change thread.

Ethereal pool BGs are not unbeatable but looking at BIGGA340 rampaging PSN players is just not fun.

nepyonisdead, super71 and Hierokliff like this.
  2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

It upsets me seeing that somebody would be using Ethereal pool at the moment. Do we know if PS4 has chat yet? If so u should guide them on how to beat it

3. Durand

Durand Active Member

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  4. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

lol bigga's deck is annoying but when you have its counters.
    antisummon runes,overload it becomes laughable.
    in particular overload which just straight up destroys his deck due to how reliant he is on relics. siegemonger also does the same if you can get it out early.
    if you really wanted to nerf biggas ethereal pool deck in such a way to make it completely useless.
    all you would have to do is make it so summons and other units not deployed from the rune dock also proc ethereal pool. get it?
    because he spams summons from relics like corpse pile and corpse-a-pult nonstop!
    to get around ethereal pools main drawback.

5. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Im in. ban also whole Pox Nora from this game

DiCEM0nEY and Xiven like this.
  6. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Pox has lots of cheap stuff unfun for new players, not just pool.

Mere ff sl champ with hunter or tough and 2 def would be unbeatable and seem ridiculously op for them
    Pincushion/extinguisher/etc - same
    AoV/ireguard/etc with minimal support - same
    KF or FS saving for spellspam, FW saving for sdz spam, AoC seasong/etc - wtf just happened

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

there is a difference between stuff that is strong and stuff that will have you inevitably kill yourself due to a knowledge barrier

defypain and Ballballer like this.
  8. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Agree to banning ethereal pool, at least for a little bit

nepyonisdead likes this.
  9. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

They have no chat, not sure if they will get it either. Problem are also atm alot of visual effects are not shown or made, so shrine damaging abilities are just rude to use.

10. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

No one who knows the game mechanics/mechanics of the BG loses to this deck. You simply don't deploy until you can drop 4 champs and destroy the relic and win (also don't cast spells and keep some champs near your shrine). Have vsed it many many times before (when someone other than bigga was playing it) and its literally impossible to lose, unless you didn't know how to win. The person originally playing it hovered forever at 1200, indicating everyone below that rank, likely new players, lost to it and everyone above it simply knew how to beat it.

I'm in favour of banning it for now, the new players have enough on their hands learning the basics like deploying every turn and actually capturing fonts to be concerned with getting ****ed by this BG. REPEAT I'm not sure ive witnessed a psn game (about 5 so far) where both players have captured all possible fonts... I know I definitely didn't when I started. The 6 (4?) font original FS map was a killer, aint nobody got time to spend 4 rounds capturing a font in the middle of the water :p

Edit: All the people opposed to the thread seem to be missing the point. @Ulfheobar is a good player and wouldn't lose to this BG after the first or second time facing it for sure. He's far more concerned about the PSN players and how damaging this could be for the new player experience losing to a BG they might never know how to beat (you can still 'hide' relics behind shrines for example) for the time being due to a lack of game knowledge. I've seen many people in favour of not resetting ranks and there isn't outcry to"get good" (to players who would lose aka new players) such as in this thread. Reason being that we don't want the new players getting stomped by tiny and co. for weeks until the top players settle their ranks out so this ban makes sense to me at least.

11. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

didnt solitary garu get nerfed into uselessness, i havent checked but i read that somewhere.

if so,

ethereal pool is the other way to fast beat pve.

those are the main two bg's... im not for removing peoples abilities to quickly complete pve games. we dont need more grind in this game.

12. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I don't think I've ever lost to an ethreal pool bg. However for new players and slightly less experienced players I can understand how this can be problematic or just draining to deal with. I would support it getting banned until a possible redesign.

However I do find it quite funny that people aren't saying ''But it's a unique play style and adds variety'' or ''New players will see this type of bg and think, this is cool'', like they did with worms.

13. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

whats next? nerfing stitched?

pls dont tho....

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Nerf stitched magearm

15. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

This is one of those situations in which the deck is a valid playstyle, but is just unfun for the opponent.

It's especially terrible to use when facing new PS4 players. If I were a PS4 player and I encountered this, I would just write this game off as a waste of time.

Players should just honorably not run this kind of deck now as we really need the new players to stick around. Unfortunately, not all players are honorable.

Ulfheobar likes this.
  16. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

If they really wanted new players to come out of this, they should have released a playable client.

17. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I just do not like how pool can be hidden under an avatar, at this time. Hiding pool is not kind to new players. They do not know what they are looking for and the animations are messed up so it dose not give the location away like it is designed to. The description from the combat log is not active, so a finding a description on how something works is limited to being able to select the subject in question.

instead of banning or nerfing pool, tell the whole effect in the description.
    Whole story:
    "Champions deployed from the runedock after this relic is in play have Scornful (When this unit is deployed, its owner's Shrine or Avatar loses 3 HP. At the beginning of your turns, your Shrine or Avatar loses 3 HP while this champion is in play) while this relic is in play. This relic loses 25% of its MAX HP (rounded up) whenever a champion is deployed."
    Add a sentence communicating that the scornful is removed from play along with the relic .

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  18. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I actually didnt know that untill recently.

19. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

A much more experienced player would beat a newbie with practically any deck. So might as well ban all runes.

20. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I agree. Just played a game against someone who is abusing ethereal pool and captive lorekeeper. The scorn from ethereal pool placed on lorekeeper damages the opposing players shrine when it is his turn. This is unfair abuse. In addition to this the player using this fw/ud split is abusing UD Darkness spell in conjunction with ethereal pool to prevent champ deployment which is what counters ethereal pool. The basic counter of ethereal pool is to save nora to deploy four champs (25% dmg per champ) at once in order to destroy the pool. The game boils down to a paper rock scissors counter me or die scenario with these combination of runes in play . Even if you draw seism champ it will be re shuffled or put on cooldown by Darkness or Setback. The fw/ud split player is also abusing Setback fw spell in the same bg to deny champ deployment. I don't like to blackball players so I will just say that players using these bg's are incredible pieces of sht and get their jollies by creating splits that are incredibly difficult to counter. Pox should attract players not drive them away. You guys in charge are doing a good job of killing off any chances of retaining new players. Get your heads out of your ass.