Addicted to Necromancy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SkeletonKing, Feb 18, 2015.

1. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

So, coming back to PoxNora and playing around with FW has got me really craving some Necromantic Gameplay. I fired up Guild Wars 2 hoping the Necromancer in there would help, but sadly their version of a Necromancer is a person who controls a single floating flesh balloon. Not exactly what I'm looking for.

What I'm looking for is gameplay where I control multiple undead minions. Preferably Skeletal, but I'll take Zombies or Ghosts.

Examples of what I'm looking for would be a Necromancer in Diablo 2 or the Necromancy Mastermind from City of Heroes/Villains. Unfortunately one of those games is ancient and the other is dead.

Do you guys have any suggestions for good modern games that will feed my craving for the undead?

[​IMG]

newsbuff likes this.
  2. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Did you try solitaire?

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Geneforge (Old School Minion Master)

Nekro (New School Minion Master)

DUNGEONS (Dungeon Master, I suggest the Gold Edition. Dungeons 2 is in development.)

Impire (Dungeon Master, funny as hell. Hehe puns...)

Overlord (Minion Master -Demons Only- Funny, Easy. I suggest the Overlord Complete Pack, Rumors of Overlord 3 in development.)

Titan Quest (ARPG some Minion Master builds. This is my favorite game of all time so far. I am extremely biased towards it. Very fun, and worth the money. Hou... Months lost to this game. Should you get the game PM me. There are a few things you need to know if your not running Win XP.) Comparison to Diablo III (Video)

Grim Dawn (ARPG, made by the exact same guys who made Titans Quest. This game is considred its "spiritual successor" and improves upon an already vastly entertaining game.)

Torchlight (ARPG, Minion Master builds are valuable. Made by the original crew who made Diablo I & II)

Torchlight II (ARPG, Minon Master Builds are there. Lots of fun.)

Your welcome.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    iPox likes this.
  4. SkeletonKing

Nekro looks very cool! Thank you!

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Updated.

6. SkeletonKing

Thank you for the updated list. :)
    Some of those look to lean a little more towards imps, goblins, beasts, and/or demons, than the undead.
    But still, a very well done list. Thank you!

Your list helped me to remember that Path of Exile also has some Undead summoning action..

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  7. Pasiphae

Pasiphae The King of Potatoes

Gauntlet has a Necromancer as DLC

8. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Path of Exile is a diablo-esque free to play game with a solid necromancy build. To the point that early game your build will be so strong you wont even need to click anything.

It is also a shining star in the f2p model. No pay to win. The majority of the pay for stuff is cosmetics.

Even if you aren't a necro Path of Exile is worth a look. The skill tree is mind boggling.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/