Adding strategic nation-building element to the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StormChasee, Feb 7, 2016.

1. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Admittedly I haven't followed the gameplay aspect real closely, but what I've seen seems to fall into dealing with the arena battle game aspect itself or building the decks.

The question is simple. Is there any plan to add a nation-building strategic element to this game? If so what is it and what is the general time frame?

I would suggest that if you do, you set the game up so the nation-building game is independent of the main game for the benefit of those who want to continue playing the basic arena battle game and not get involved with the nation-building aspect.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No, this isn't going to happen. That's not the game Pox is or has tried to be. That would be a completely separate game, with different goals and different tools; it would be related to Pox only through rough content elements. This is like asking if there is going to be a poetry sequel to The Great Gatsby -- no, those are inherently different things. Would it be cool? Who knows, maybe, it sounds like you would enjoy it, at least. Pox has a lot of cool material. But it would be something totally and fundamentally apart from Pox, so it probably will never happen, and if it did, it certainly wouldn't be in the way you suggest.

Tweek516, Heart and IMAGIRL like this.
  3. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Maybe so. I would like to hear from a developer on this before I give up hope.

4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

What is this? Pox is not Forge of Empires...... :eek: . The amount of tiers required to incorporate 2000 plus runes into a nation building arrangement would be daunting. Interesting to think about how it would be.
    [​IMG]

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I also would have like them to expand on the dow aspect maybe adding a map element showing which faction is pushing where when they are winning the most. Maybe make it so the top 30 or so players get something from dow instead of the game spammers we have now.

profhulk likes this.
  6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think it was Sokolov that commented about an interactive map that changed with DoW points. Iirc he said it would be too completely to code and figure out the kinks. Like How do we know if ST is pushing into UD terrority and not KF?

It would be kinda cool to just have a simple Protectorate/Wrath map showing whichever side was winning instead of the stupid little orb. Probably won't happen though.

IMAGIRL likes this.