Advice for my Paladin-ish BG?

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Mirior, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Mirior

Mirior The King of Potatoes

Poxnora 1.jpg
    This is what I'm currently running, hopefully an interesting one to look at, would love to get some feedback. I'll list the upgrades of my champs and explain some of my thinking.

Archangel of Al'Mara - Hunter: Walker, Mark of Al'Mara. Bland, but really efficient stats-on-sticks melee that helps me get Brand out. This deck tilts significantly towards range, so having survivability helps a lot, but I want to keep bland champ cheap.

Emerald Wing - Jolt 1, Telekinetic Thrust. Jolt makes the Emeralds my hardest-hitting range champs, and the main subtheme of the BG is setting knockback shenanigans for Telekinetic Thrust to play into. I'm not really utilizing their mobility potential, however, without other Wings to trigger Sigil.

Ethereal Priestess - Force Barrier 2, Stall. Amazing support champ, and I have enough damage boosts floating around to keep their attack relevant. Force Barrier makes her a key part of the knockback subtheme.

Euan Ironfist - Battlemaster 3, Block 2. More expensive than I'd like, but the knockback on his hammer is so good, and Battlemaster helps the range champs tremendously.

Fury of the Storm - Slam, Paralytic Feedback. Most reliable knockback in the bg, and Static Field lets her make her own shenanigans if need be. Paralytic Feedback and Static Field work together to hose both range and melee foes.

Inquisitor Magnus - Hunter: Heroes, Punish. I like the cheapness for a 7-spd, and Inquisition makes him the best Brand spreader, but I don't like that he's the only champ I'm running with no range or teleportation options, which 7 spd doesn't always make up for.

Northern Cross Cardinal - Declare Target, Consecration. I don't have the Dwarf density to make Sermon work, but Declare Target still makes for excellent powerturns, and I do like ranged Brand application.

Northern Cross Priestess - Cleansing Flame, Grant: Magical Aura. This BG has more relics than most that I build, partly for knockback shenanigans, party because IS has a very nice relic selection. This makes NCP fit beautifully. I ran Heal Champion 3 instead of Grant: Aura for a while, and found it worth the cost, but NCP is pretty AP-starved even with the Aura, so I've switched to the easier ability to find AP for.

Truthseeker - Sapping Armor, Ironfist Exploit. Sapping tank is best tank, and zapping around is nice. I don't have the Brand density to really make use of the Truthseeker ability, but Soul Reaver and Hahndor Memorial give me spot Brand when I need it.

Spells/relics/equips are fairly self-explanatory, I hope - I tried to use relics to accomplish things wherever I could. I've been having mixed results with the BG so far, but I don't know how much of that is problems with the BG and how much is my own rustiness (I've been on hiatus for a while). Any advice or rune suggestions will be greatly appreciated - thanks!

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Don't know a thing about pallies, but make sure to check markoths guide out :) he also posted his pally bg in kalasles meta check I believe.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Click the guy in my signiture. I have Paladins updated for the latest patch though the priests and shamans are outdated. I have Purger added though. It should be fully updated within the next few days.