Advices for a Skelly Bg

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by limone1981, Dec 19, 2016.

1. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Being new to the faction (I'm an Sp player mostly) I have started this Skeleton Bg.

Any advice is appreciated

Attached Files:

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Aim for more champ variety -- you are doubled up on several champs, and with the FW bonus, you only really need one if it is a more situational deploy.

limone1981 likes this.
  3. limone1981

ok so I will remove a BB for a Bone Ele(I lack detection).
    Than one Stitch Skeleform for I don't know what.
    The 2x surge I think should stay in that way,right?

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, definitely.

To replace Skeleform, consider another ranged champ.

SireofSuns and limone1981 like this.
  5. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Is 2x tomblord really necessary? As opposed to 1x TL with boost, 1x Tormented priest with boost? I find that to be the better combo, since lerpers are generally better fighters than TLs due to haunting visions being primarily an early / mid game booster, they sort of round out a skelly deck.

with 2x graveyards, you are already playing pretty greedy, no need to run the 2x tomblords imo, unless you are using drive (I dont actually use that much, since I find its better to attack most of the time with a TL.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

TL's have ranged Surge for ~75 nora. Yes, you want 2 of them.

limone1981 and guokamoli54 like this.
  7. DiCEM0nEY

I'm not very good, and sit at about 1200 rating as an accomplishment (joke) but heres what im using (check other topic for details).

Skellieschristmas.PNG

Im unsure about chain lightning and 2x bone mines vs 2x graveyards, rest i sort of like.

8. DiCEM0nEY

before the buffs, running two TLs was a mistake imo. After, with an immediate 5hp on skellies, id a first deploy tomblord strong? It takes time to build up surge, not to mention the need to maintain a frontline. Since boosts don't stack, is running two TL's better than skellies which can actually contest a font or significantly delay on their own?

9. limone1981

I've made some changes since yesterday, I dropped the skeleform for an animated blade ( shatter and 7 spd is not bad at all), put a Bone Ele for detection amd took off 1 Graveyard for an Elsari Culler.
    I put the Culler for transfer life and magic dmg and the summon, so far is going decent but could go better when I will be more comfortable with the entire faction mechanics (swarming champ is easy with skelly and i'm really used to)

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yes. All the changes to Surge champions were because of just how damn strong Surge is, especially right now, especially on ranged champs. Run 2x TL.

11. DiCEM0nEY

the
    I think i played against you the other day. on the ud map. i remember thinking the elsari culler only had rank 2 summon, which was a bit underwhelming. he also is not a skelly, also lame. did you run lich king as well? that thing has to go if u did.

12. limone1981

Maybe i do it wrong but I use her and the Tl with the cheap build(so summon 1 or 2) just to feed the Altar.
    No i don't run the Lich King but I was thinking about running a Demonologist for the swarm.
    @kalasle what do you think about Demonologist in a Skelly bg?

13. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I, personally, wouldn't run culler or demonlogist in skellies. There are enough skeletons that you don't need to go out of theme. I understand there is some very light synergy but not worth it IMO.

That being said, haven't played skellies since they had all the ichor sht so take what I say with a grain of salt.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Swarm Skellies, though. That's pretty good. Also, more ritual use. Not being a Skeleton sucks though if you want to use Altar.

15. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Battle Leader continues to be the worst counter to my skele summons. how is everyone here dealing with it, particularly the equip that gives it?

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Kill really hard and really fast. Wipe out ranged champs asap, lean on Essence Drain and Mobi, and make sure that no opposing champs stays alive long enough to ramp damage. Medal of Valor makes you have to go really aggro.

newsbuff likes this.
  17. limone1981

This is my last form, thinking about removing Bone Trap for a Doom

Attached Files: