Advise on Poison bg!

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by jolls, Apr 18, 2014.

1. jolls

jolls Well-Known Member

Thanks! sure this bg is more dificult for me than others that i played before.

Have you got any advice to deal with font rushes, i feel that i have nothing for strike them hard.

4 of the 6 games where against FW...

2. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

This BG will be weakened against FW due to their resistance to poison.

3. rickyjpen

I've been pushing to get rid of that resistance as well as fearless from undead for a while now. I don't think the whole theme should be a counter to this BG as well as fear-based BG's. It seems rather unfair.

4. rickyjpen

this BG will also not be good against champs with construct immunities.

5. rickyjpen

It should generally wreck everything but those 2 once you learn its ways.

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You should be able to fend off rushes easily, in fact, you should be the one rushing yourself. But in case a enemy rushes, you should aim for early removal, depending on what champion do you have out or what are you facing, but for example, marsh warden against a planeshift, you can use pygmy hippo stampede to trigger flanking and get damage, so you just got something like 40 additional damage on the champion if you could attack twice with warden and got two charges and a pygmy attack (because you had to engage a pygmy) and if you think about it, that's the game you want to play, single champions against yours and killing with spell support.
    Of course you have privateer captains also, that are masters at defending fonts, and they can output lots of damage using his land mines in conjuction with knockback and or a poisonous fumes, we are talking about potential damage above 50, and that's not counting other champion aiding in any of the case.

7. jolls

jolls Well-Known Member

Sorry i tought that my previous post was not posted..

well yes i was using privateer to defend font, it's really tought takes very long to take it out.

If i'm the one who is expectet to rush... of course i'm doing all wrong LOL

First i try to deploy traps... after retreating trying to force other's to follow me to the traps... horrible.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  8. GabrielQ

you rush while trying to pick out some champions as the opportunity arises, and in the meantime you fill everything with traps, after the initial rush, if you opponent was able to consolidate is poxition, you back up, and then your opponent will be in the middle of your traps.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's worth including Augurs in every poison bg, poison clouds too good with slam.

10. GabrielQ

are you farming posts to reach 1000?

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I saw poison bg.

It's 7 am.

I'm like: yo dis be my opinion

12. Umlungu

Umlungu New Member

i have 2 augurs and 2 privateer captains in my poison bg. how else you gonna push your enemy into them traps and poison clouds, then you follow up with a flood if they not dead yet.

13. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Never rely on your enemy to run into your traps. I assure you, he won't, ever. Use Knockback, Bounce, Flood, Water Vortex, Pull and give him a bad time.

One thing people do run into is well-placed stealth traps, but even that is risky. Your enemy probably knows there is a trapper around and will choose odd ways.