After a Little Gameplay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ToxicSwamp, Jul 18, 2014.

1. ToxicSwamp

ToxicSwamp The King of Potatoes

FS got ****ed with the revamp. SGC got DESTROYED with the loss of Loyalty, Semi-Aquatic, and 6 speed. With 8 damage and 5 speed he can get nowhere and when he does he does no damage. Tide Master lost High Tide, which impacted almost every FS deck. Snaptooth Crapmangler has Firking 6 damage..... SIX Firking DAMAGE WAT? To 'balance' having Multi and Combo Attack: Drain? This is ridiculous, he does NO damage. And now all the good range units we got are now all over 80 nora.

Also most Hoppers lost Leap (which I agree isn't THAT big of a deal, but still). The Thing was one of my favourite FS champions, and now he's a 5 speed (what a surprise) 0 damage waste of space. Marsh Awakening needs 2 or more opposing champion to work, and only then he gets +1 speed and +1 damage.

I can give you guys time to finish fixing up the things that got destroyed with the revamp before I get too mad about everything. Take your time and do good work! I liked you guys for the beginning, keep it going! :)

EDIT: Not really raging here, I just had to get all this off my chest. I was really bugging me. X/

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

General Forum rage: 1
    Faction Forum construtive thread: 0

reskk and scrampy like this.
  3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

FS is fine, there is still kb/poison cloud

4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Only change I'd like to see is Tide get back his High Tide.

Edit: Ok, didn't notice SGC got that butchered. Deffo needs some help.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    reskk, ToxicSwamp and jeeperz2 like this.
  5. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

SGC needs some damage and so does mangler you can't balance something by making there base damage 6 it just makes them shoeboxed. Tide needs his high tide back.

reskk, ToxicSwamp and Morfeas like this.
  6. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Mangler's a pretty great tank though - regardless of damage. Probably just have to replace combo attack to avoid the misconception that it should do damage (ability doesn't do anything with 6 dmg anyways) :p

7. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Both Crawmangler and SGC are ridiculously tanky though. I agree SGC needs +1 SPD but keep in mind that they seem to be dedicated tanks now, not damage dealers or even beaters. 6 DEF (with Tough) as well as Resis Physical (or Resilient in Crawmangler's case) is amazing survivability and if you just straight buff these runes they'll be pushed back into the design that the revamp just tried to correct.

reskk, Nautilak and RedScarlet like this.
  8. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

ice elemental (NOT FS but still....) 90 Nora. 5 Dmg

Enough Said

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

69 nora Augurs are such terrible range.

I don't run SGC got and Moog is completely horrendous and not better in every way.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  10. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

The revamp moved everything around. Stop looking at the pictures you are used to and look elsewhere. There are plenty of good champs in FS, but not the ones who were good before. (Honestly, this is my biggest complaint of the revamp, it didnt seem to balance anything, but rather just moved stuff around).

Ragic and BurnPyro like this.
  11. devrn

devrn I need me some PIE!

That moment when you think your tanks should hit like trucks...

12. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

At first I was upset about the changes to tanks like SGC/Mangler until I understood what Gedden was doing. A tank is supposed to absorb damage and clog a lane that is its function. It is not a champ killer. Although it would be nice for Mangler to have a flavorful way to boost its damage in certain situations so combo attack drain doesent look so useless on a 6 dmg tank. SGC does have some reward for stats in quest kill hero if u can manage to get the killing blow. I admit 5 speed 8 dmg is very dissapointing on SGC, but look at how well it can tank( resist phys. 3/tough3 71 nora.) It still has clamp but im wondering why semi aquatic was removed? At least make him six speed if your gonna take semi aquatic away.

ToxicSwamp likes this.
  13. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

2 of my runes got nerfed, FS is gutted!

Oh wait, I have several hundred other runes to choose from.

reskk and Nautilak like this.
  14. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I can't believe anyone would whine about swampguard crusher. Really, this rune and all of the other supertanks is broken when most of the champions have between 8 and 12 base damage.

Maybe you should do the math, and notice that with res:phys 3, tough:3 and 3 base def it will take between 1 and 3 damage against 80% of the champions, as well as being immune to dots. These kind of runes make the game broken right now, because unless you have super beater/synergy/underpriced hero, you will never remove this rune from play. For other examples check out collosal boa, it is completely stupid in a similar vein.

5 speed? If only I could have an abillity that let me move 5 spaces for 3 ap! Also, it's not 6 dmg, it's 8 damage that becomes 11 if it kills any unit at all.

15. jeeperz2

What if we don't wanna run moog? Idk if you have notice but he is pretty op and I don't like to win my games using op stuff yea its gonna happen anyway but if I have a different choice like SGC I will take it.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If you don't want to run the optimal champs than there's no valid reason to complain now is there?

17. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Yes there is. I hate having to play vindrax/vex/dragons or draksars just to compete in uncommon league. If I don't run that + maulers + other stupid surge champs I will get ***** continuously by brubakar brothers + talgar + IS support, trees, zombies or w/e.

Just because this stuff is way over the line doesn't mean we should be content with it.

18. jeeperz2

Guess I won't be running into anything like trees soon where I might need a tank >.>

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But if you're complaining that your faction can't compete, you're actually saying: the things I want to run can't compete.

And in uncommon league can you run a lot of things as long as your bg is well designed. Shoot me a pm sometime and we can put something together that doesn't unvolve those uglies and still kicks ass.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Like Moog? :p