after nerf amp frost ?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by undred, Jul 4, 2014.

1. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

now that yetis(bad nerf , they should have changed how incorporal works instead), ice casters and frostfall ice wisps were nerfed ( 2 of them dont even have amp anymore) is it worth running amp frost ? if so what do you use for amp now ?

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Definitively the worst desired nerf to him.

EDIT: It's cost didn't got updated? In Poxbase Ghost cost 10N and Ethereal cost -5N... Seems like a 15N nerf :S

Now it's time to buff these poor champions to bring back Amp to life:

Jakei Shaman & Blizzard Elemental

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  3. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I understand that counterplay for Yeti Spirit was needed, but I disagree with taking the easy way out and simply making it ethereal.

KingJad likes this.
  4. undred

change the way incorporal works . but btw what are you using for "ampers" now ?

5. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

I think overall hit for frost amp was pretty significant, i might need to run yeti curate

6. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

I actually like the Yeti Woman thing a lot. She's pretty useful at times. She heals, throws snow once in a while and isn't afraid of anything!

Goyo likes this.
  7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Hell yeah HAHAHA!!!!

What do you guys think Blizzard Elemental and Jakei Shaman need to be worthy? (because they seem subpar to me)

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Blizzard elemental I imagine with more terrain manipulation, I would replace arctic flight and elemental fortitude base with plain flight and orb of frostfall, and I would make path1 {snow blast, snow fall 1, snow fall 2} and path 2 {wind aura, gale, shroud}.
    Jaki shaman I would love to become a elemental synergy rune, I think I would like leverage elemental and/or elemental zephyr because there isn't a lot of elemental synergy to choose from, maybe boost or command elemental?

Yelmo and Goyo like this.
  9. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

can it get some damage and a basic attack now

10. imrathion

imrathion Well-Known Member

Curate is not working... the biggest blow to me was Icewisp. There is really nothing that can replace it

11. imrathion

imrathion Well-Known Member

with the current meta, champs that provide amp can't be 75+ nora... both J. Shaman and Blizz Ele need a big cost reduction

Goyo likes this.
  12. undred

all we have left is *sigh* arcadon -.-

although i must admit that frost amp was strong , there was no need to pack such a punch to the deck , they destroyed the core ...

13. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Glad Yeti Spirit got the Ethereal, but noticed 2 previously very relevant champions for the theme lost Amplify Frost. I'm wondering how that's gonna turn out. It might be better for the game, in the sense that they're removing some lateral power creep. As in, those 2 champions will get added for everything else they have and now more champions have a place now because you need to find alternatives for Amplify.

14. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I am curious why no one wants to just place and Ice Shard. For 40 nora you get 2.5 amp champs worth of amp.

Wasn't the entire point of the nerf to encourage people to actually use the amp BG relic in their amp BGs?

15. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Ice shard= 40 nora for 2,5 amplify frost
    amplify frost = 4 nora.
    difference= 30 nora

16. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

i run shard now and i always have run shard even if i had 4-8 10% champs, arcadon used to be in my bg but since i moved to themes he left and curate moved in for yetis. lonx adept is always good, arc is still good, yeti spirit i dont mind now since he can engage and cost them ap

17. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Would that mean you'd expect the relic to be 10 nora?

If you deal an average of 8 damage per attack once the Shard is out, then deal 20 attacks before the game ends, you deal an additional 40 damage. That's probably worth 30 nora. Tbh you could deal 15 attacks and it's still worth it. Also not counting all the auras and spells and chills and cones, etc. Plus the fact that 8 damage is probably on the low end.

I'd say it pays for itself pretty fast. People just got too used to getting it easily on champions. The relic is there because it pumps up the amp, and amp is worth a lot more when you run a dedicated amp deck, which is what this relic goes in.

18. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

I think 30 nora for the Ice Shard would be fair~ 40 feels like a bit too much for what it does~

Yelmo and Morfeas like this.
  19. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

Just a reminder, it used to be -25% fire dmg as well... same nora tag

Goyo likes this.
  20. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Is there any point even running it now? I mean, for a support champion, it seems severely lacking in support abilities.

I used it anyway. This nerf is less likely to make me run other things, and more likely to just make me stop playing my deck.

The thing about the shard is that it does absolutely nothing on its own. It can be useful, but you need several champions out who can take advantage of it, and it must also be more useful than just dropping another champion. I mean, pre-patch, if I dropped Ice Caster or Icewisp I'd get less Amplification (compared to the shard), but I'd also get a champion who can attack, capture/contest fonts etc. Especially in the early-mid game, I'm sure you can see why there are more useful drops than the Shard.

I was thinking the same. If it's going to lose incorporeal every 2 rounds, at least let it do something when it does.