After nerf, what do you think KF will need?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by skarpox, Mar 22, 2016.

1. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

So here it comes: KF's Nerf, 8 days away. On top of that, contributors to our faction are quiet in forums.

What do you think KF will need?

I personally want, after the faction nerf, less range, more speed on individual champs, and more elusiveness (not necessarily the ability elusive though).

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

what nerf

3. skarpox

We are losing our faction bonus, and most ranged units are getting a cost increase, right?

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

where did you learn about that?

5. Qucas

Qucas Guest

It's all in the crate

6. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

We're only losing a part of our faction bonus. The +1 AP cap. Far as I know they scrapped the -1 spd nerf. KF players said they would quit if they do that. The only people that wanted that nerf are people that dont play KF and hate losing to KF.

Forum usually pretty dead before releases. Everybody is waiting to see what drops, and wether or not the new set will offer anything worth paying for.

After the set launches, people will qq about the 3 or 4 runes that are OP, and there will be plenty of threads about things that dont work properly. Pretty sure this time there will be a ton of hate because of the tanged nerf. Most factions only have a small pool of useable ranged units.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You guys make it seem like every single ranged unit is getting nerfed.

8. kagebunshn

Cydna...sok said ranged units are all getting cost increases...some runes will get other adjustments as well. But the intent is clear...they want to nerf ranged.

It is a good goal...but delicate. We know how heavy-handed they can be sometimes.

9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

if +1AP is taken away, what is the split faction bonus?

10. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

From what I heard they are mostly hitting units with 5 or greater range. So not all ranged units. And some other factions have a pretty wide pool of usable ranged units. FS does, for example. IS too.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's also arguable that SPD becomes more powerful in a world with weaker RNG.

Qucas likes this.
  12. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Speed faction bonus is not as OP as people seem to think it is. I think it's more the fact that KF units are built to use their additional speed in the most efficient way, and the faction has incredible utility in relics, spells, equips are so-so in some cases but the meta/elf ones are incredible. The faction is really strong because of its faction flavor, not because of the speed bonus. I think after the range nerf KF shouldn't be too strong and the idea to nerf KF's faction bonus will go away.

13. skarpox

That was insightful. I hope you are right.

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Note that at no point was it ever suggested that KF bonus would simply lose -1 SPD.

There were discussions as to what could REPLACE the bonus if it really warranted a change (and personally I was never convinced). But it was never the case that the nerf was just going to be a nerf of -1 SPD.

15. kagebunshn

I knew that soko. I could have been more clear though.

I just mentioned the -1 spd part, without mentioning the many other proposed replacement options. Far as I know the last of which was the -terrible- mini-initiative thing.

I am in roughly the same camp as you. I recognize the KF bonus is one of the better ones, and probably the most obvious 'build with bonus in mind' bonus. Also, it is difficult to split in half for split factions. But I don't think it needs a nerf because the faction as a whole has not been dominating in any sense over the last few years. Targeted nerfs have done a decent(if occasionally heavy-handed) job at reigning in obvious offenders. Right now KF is in a good place, and I think the comparatively minor adjustment to max AP is an OK compromise.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Trees dominated after revamp and Gedden's ******** didn't do anything about it because of "statistics". KF was definitely the top faction around Bonds of War. I remember how OP Falconer was. But even now, I'd say it's one of the better factions.

17. kagebunshn

Trees didn't dominate...they were a theme a handfull of players dusted off to try out after revamp...and they were pretty good, and about 2 weeks later they gutted most of the theme and did things like +16 nora modifiers and they put TFB back into the shoebox.

Falconer was one of those 'obvious offenders' I mentioned....it also got nerfed about 3 times in a row and does not get played anymore. Elven ancestor also, and AA. They also nerfed several KF meta spells.

We remember things differently, I guess. Probably why Gedden and people who analyze games like LoL and MTG use statistics.

18. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Falconer is still pretty decent
    It's just that Aurora Inspector is such a stupidly better option

19. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Falconer, AA, and Elven ancestor are all fine.

Makorov likes this.
  20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Trees ran wild for months man, and then beasts because timber wolves were cheap as Bane Shift and had crazy stats, that's right when vashal quillback had the same kit he has now but was like 55 nora. Falconer was also incredible for a long ass time, I know this because I won a Bane Shift ton of games using all that. With that all said i'm just hoping the range nerfs and the extra ap loss at the same time doesn't cripple k'thir.