After years, sound still turns off when something dies

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Querthose, May 23, 2016.

1. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

It's been years at this point, and every time a creature dies, I lose my music. (Not the sounds though)

Please tell me that by now there's a fix?

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

This has to do with Java and we have to completely rewrite the sound processor for the game. This is part of some of the back end overhauls we are working on. Since it was a 3rd party audio processor that Pox currently uses writing a new one from the ground up is a long process, but it is something that is being worked on.

3. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad that you all are working on this, but I have to be honest with you- your product is a video game. To have such a glaring sound error around for this many years without a fix is almost unheard of. It's part of the reason why I stopped playing for a long time. It's just not as fun when the music is going out a few minutes into each game.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We understand your concerns, and some of this has to do with the fact that Pox Nora is nearly 10 years old and as a result middle-wear is no longer supported. We are doing what is necessary do resolve this properly which is why we are overhauling our back-end all at once rather than piecemeal. It may seem like not much is being done, but in actuality it is cutting down on the time it would take if we were doing the same thing piecemeal.