AI repeatedly deploys champs into chasms

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Saprophyte, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Saprophyte

Saprophyte Member

I was doing a couple skirmishes with the Toil and Trouble public deck to get the FW daily out of the way, and the first match went fine. The second match however, was a completely different story. To summarize, the AI was using a Draksar deck, I was using Toil and Trouble, the map was K'Thir Hill, and the AI literally deployed all of it's champ runes into a chasm. I've seen the AI do some bizarre things before like cast ostensibly defensive spells that would normally be used on their own champs on mine - but I've never seen it do something SO ludicrously stupid like this. It practically might as well have surrendered and given me gold and a core set rune.

For those who doubt me, I took screenshots at the end of every single one of it's turns.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The only champ that the AI managed to successfully deploy was a Draksar Broodqueen, who just happens to have flying. By that time I had captured all of the fonts and was rushing their shrine.

I have never seen this before, and I've played the AI on this map many times before with no problems. I'm not sure what went wrong or if it's a repeatable bug, but it was so bizarre and hilarious I had to make a thread.

o_O

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

We'll look into this.

3. Saprophyte

Saprophyte Member

Cool.

Small update, I've played against the AI again on this map. It is a repeatable bug insofar as the AI will always deploy a champ in that one spot (a chasm) in order to take the fonts above their shrine. I guess my other matches on K'thir Hill either had different shrine placement or the AI deployed a flying champ first. Once they take the font, they usually stop deploying in the chasm but sometimes it still happens.

On a kinda related note, I noticed I can't deploy champs on chasm spaces even if they have flying.