All About Ancestral Avenger

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Molosse, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Before it becomes common knowledge let's just go ahead and distance ourselves from AA, agreed?

2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

But... but.... he's so cute.

SaintKiwi and Sirius like this.
  3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

In all seriousness tho, he needs to be fixed ASAP. I'm not trying to make people hate me more or anything...

Tarathil likes this.
  4. Molosse

Don't listen to him, he feeds on the hate.

But also in all seriousness there are two counters to the bear: Run all of the magic damage, run Metamorph.

5. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

how do they fix it without changing other champs though? i mean, isnt the pricing formula effect every champ?

6. dsjtheman

also, condor fury costs a lot less too :)

7. dsjtheman

Grimthir 92 nora!!??

8. Molosse

Shifting around ability effects could be a start, notably making Corporeal Form function as Vaporize so you can throw some Alt-Attacks at it to wittle away it's Hp. The move to allow Iron Will ignore Distract effect's doesn't help matters.
    Beyond that having fixed nora prices for certain rune ability's falls down here. Individually his multitude of resistances if the form of Titan/Phase Cleansing/Corporeal form may be worth less, but together they add upto a rune that cannot be slowed down, Distracted, DoT'd, Fern'd, Blink'd, Vortex'd or any other superchamp counter other than the expedient of heaping on magical damage in an effort to outrun the support healing it will inevitably bring since it is now 89nora.

9. GameJack

GameJack The King of Potatoes

Oh 89 Nora after recost. Got to try him out. Been one of my fav KF runes. Big Teddy Bear

Edit: across the board most high cost champs got a reduction in cost. ST titan is playable now too.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  10. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I guess I'll take him out of my deck to be "fair." It was fun for a few games, though.

11. dsjtheman

maybe just onnnnnnnne more ;)

Xirone likes this.
  12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I'll just auto-surrender as soon as I see my opponent plays KF, until it is changed. Have fun.

13. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Even before seeing if he/she deploys OP runes? Why so hasty??

14. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

So...Ancestral avenger was worth paying 112 nora for yesterday. Now he is 84, lolz.

It's hilarious, but it also can't possibly stay that way...it's horrible, especially in faction with Protection lolz.
    Also, Warcaller Fiorn is at 85 nora now...which makes him look very sexy too.
    Their new nora algorithm obviously needs some adjustments. Step in the right direction though. Menalaus looks much more appealing without being op at 104.
    Not sure why warspirit is up over 90 nora now...is anyone even playing him? Isn't he terrible in multiple efficient non-super champ land? They already fixed the only thing he was really good at(farming 300hp AI bosses)

The amount of effort they are putting into making the adjustments, and the fact that they are using our feedback is very promising in my mind. I'm still not playing right now though...given the um...current volatility of things.

15. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Mythical is no longer listed... yup.. I exploded my 2 Ancestral Avengers!

Sincerely,

Josh753

Sirius likes this.
  16. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I had an exciting loss of the champ yesterday when I deploy an Ancestral Avenger and an Elven Illusionist (w/ Illusion of Lies). My opponent deployed an Ancestral Avenger, my Elven Illusionist created an Illusion of it, the Illusion and my real Ancestral Avenger died. My opponent kept his Ancestral Avenger.

17. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Its ok. ill use my 90 nora Collection of Souls agasint it. Oh, wait it lost magic damage and got attack disease instead.

At least if you kill it its a good thing there is no spell to save it and bring it back stealthed without leaving a nora globe for you to pick up.., ohh wait there is.

DarkJello, Ballballer and Razzoriel like this.
  18. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist