Alt. take on Attrition BG

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Jonesy23, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

Saw Only's post on the thread " Fellow Boggies" for and Attrition BG and I thought it looked interesting to try out. However, I made this a more Aquatic/Attrition BG, using cheap aquatic/ semi aquatic units and some others I think have a cool design that I would like to try ( mucker, fly catcher, and wavecrusher ). Here is the current design I have made up...

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/ctC81c56C3LC5LcuhC9QC1uC82culs@s_s33s1gsmSWS5Bs54S20r13rW

I would like input on what you guys think of this design. I think its a neat concept myself and kinda brings out some older swamp runes.

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

My initial concern is that you don't have enough champions for an attrition deck, particularly since one is Short Lived. Other than that, I personally have never cared for Soak the Earth. At the very least, I think a second Monsoon or Font Eruption would be better than a second Soak. Alternatively you might consider Tendrils or one of the other similar spells, etc.

3. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Soak the Earth is probably mostly used as the cheapest spot water generation.
    Yet Ohmin is right. need more monsoon or even Drown. Even though that is more expensive. But I see you having trouble with some superchamp. Or even something like Colossal Boa.

4. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

5. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

better now imho.
    I dont really get the marsh song though. aside from nora drain with it.

6. only

only Active Member

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'm not sure that Massive Anuran really adds all that much. Quagmirrian and Enchantresses might be on the expensive side as well, though I can see the Quag being useful for water generation, but I feel like Boghopper Shaman is better than Echantress if you want heals.

If you want a cheap ranged semi-aqua you might consider Screaming Leviathan, even with Easy Target it's surprisingly robust. Likewise if you can get it, I'd recommend Aspect of Growth over the Anuran. It's cheaper, a bigger potential threat, and another source of "water" generation (Slime is considered water, not to be confused with Ooze, which looks the same but is not considered water). If you want Massive for the disruption, you might also consider Mindwarp Frog (less damage, more disruption), though be aware of it's Faithless nature (I forget sometimes after I haven't used it for a while).