Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Kharon, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

Although we're destroying our precious forest I can't help but say... please make more de'lim champions. They're so unique and awesome... Burn the forest and get buffs. Awesome! What do you all think? Do you like De'lim champions or fuel decks in general?

2. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I love them... but in this age of Rush decks... how do you play them?

Is it just me, or is this combination far too difficult to play in todays meta?

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

More creative ways to destroy treefolks could be added, something like "target plant is destroyed and units within 3 spaces take 12 fire damage, if a plant champion is destroyed by this effect, units within 3 spaces of him take 12 damage"

4. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

its still a fairly new theme. if anyone can keep it going though its DoG :D

5. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Kindled Gnarlwood (KF, Plant, Treefolk)
    DAM 10, SPD 6, RNG 1-2, DEF 3, HP 54, Nora 72

'I pity you for failing to recognize Delim's valor and wisdom. When the time comes that I can no longer fight to protect the forest, I will be honored that my death will empower those who still can.'

Base Abilities:

Attack Physical (or Fire)
    Flamestrike 3
    Devotee of Delim
    Unstoppable
    Perseverance
    Upgrade Abilities:

Detection 2
    Foment
    Resistance Fire 3
    Resistance Frost 3

Very straightforward champ. Devotee allows him to benefit from the spell himself and Perseverance helps ensure an opportunity to cast Fuel before dying. To the tree theme he brings a strong alternative damage ranged attack, Detection, and Foment. Alternately, resistances can be taken and combined with Treefolk's Blessing for one very sturdy champ.

With regards to lore and flavor, the Kindled are simply treefolk that understand Delim's ideology. To successfully defend K'thir Forest, sacrifices and extreme measures are necessary. They fight fanatically in Delim's ranks with the understanding that, when death finally takes them, their life force will strengthen their allies.

soulmilk, dsjtheman and Kharon like this.
  6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I never did well playing the theme but I liked the concept.

7. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

would be cool to have a bomb champ with devotee... that way the dmg increase from devotee/fuel would also work on bomb (not flamestrike)

8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I was never sure if a lack of good and solid AoE champs was meant to be a weakness of KF or just a coincidence.

9. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Seeker of the Source turns other champs into Devotees...

10. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

But, yes, all the Devotee bg's require time to build up, and that's an issue.

11. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

You're much better off just including Flamemages than trying to go full D'elim. We'll see where it goes, it can snowball pretty hard.

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Nice, I made note of this suggestion.

Gorebucket likes this.
  13. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

If you do, also note that the numbers on it look ridiculous. 72 nora for that much tankiness + Perseverance & upside looks way over the top to me.

14. Kharon

Awesome my thread has gotten a greens attention and some notoriety to a rune suggestion. :D

Thank you all for your feedback. Yes, I've been playing de'lim consistently now for the better couple of days and they're really fun. They do take some time to build up and get tree generations going, but maybe that's because I'm not running greenhouse? Anyhow, great rune idea Gorebucket!

15. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Yeah, we are just taking these as suggestions. The end result my greatly differ.
    We want to actively engage the community. All of you need as much love and attention as the game. Who's a good player? You are! Oh, was talking to my dog and typing at the same time, bad me.;)

16. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Awesome! :D

Since the gist is a treefolk champ with Devotee and Perseverance, the numbers and abilities can be tweaked or completely different without doing the concept any harm. (I wouldn't mind keeping Detection or Foment though... they've been on my wish list for a long time.)

17. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

I feel Woodmarshal breaks the theme because of having no cd on channel fuel, and the potential nora generation from overgrowth and his Channel: Fuel while providing a ton of damage to the entire battlegroup (that has Devotee). I like the theme lore wise though, I love how Delim was an outcast who became basically the head of the circle, and now runs the forest. Kind of a dark twist for a protectorate faction :p

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Just fyi, you're never the only one

Also, how about this consensus. We burn the forest + de'lim, communism means equality

Kharon likes this.
  19. Kharon

According to the text of channel: fuel on Woodmarshal, it only effects Outcast of Flame apparently. Unless I am reading that wrong and that was a mistake by the designer.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  20. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

That is just the old text for fuel, Basically channel fuel casts fuel at a small nora cost of 4 or so nora, increasing by one on subsequent uses per turn. So it is casting the new fuel, and giving it to all devotee's.