Amareth, Fairy Queen (KF Hero)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, May 18, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Amareth, Fairy Queen (Original Version)
    Race: Fairy
    Class: Wizard & Royalty*
    Rarity: Exotic
    Artwork: A powerful fairy is floating over a patch of crystals. She is enrobed in a rainbow of light and wears a starlight diadem. The crystals beneath her, and behind her, reflect her image and the rainbow light.
    Flavor-Text: "She has returned as foreseen, let her now become our queen!" -Dahlia, Fae Oracle
    Nora Cost: 84
    Deck Limit: 1

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10, SPD: 7, RNG: 1-3, DEF: 0, HP: 38

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Blue Magic*
    Duplicity
    Flight
    Hero
    Magic Beam
    Mystic Push

Champion Upgrade Path 1
    Race Charged (DEFAULT), Spell Charged (1), Spell Charged (2), Supercharged (1)

Champion Upgrade Path 2
    Majestic (1), Majestic (2), Regal Presence (DEFAULT)

Champion Notes
    Royalty is a new class type that could fit on a lot of current champions.
    ** Back in the early days of Pox, certain attack types had "colors" like Yellow Psychic, Blue Magic, Red Magic, and Red Electricity. Attack: Blue Magic is an attempt to bring this feature back. In-game, this ability would be a normal Magic attack but the animation would be, visually, blue.

Amareth, Fairy Queen (Version 2)
    Class: Wizard & Royalty
    Rarity: Legendary
    Artwork: A powerful fairy is floating over a patch of crystals. She is enrobed in a rainbow of light and wears a starlight diadem. The crystals beneath her, and behind her, reflect her image and the rainbow light.
    Flavor-Text: "She has returned as foreseen, let her now become our queen!" -Dahlia, Fae Oracle

Champion Stats

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Blue Magic
    Duplicity
    Flight
    Mystic Push
    Spell Charged (2)

Champion Upgrade Path 1
    Grant: Magical Aura (DEFAULT), Magic Beam, Reflection (6)

Champion Upgrade Path 2

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    Woffleet likes this.
  2. Xirone

Meant to be a Hero, she is potentially very powerful (though she starts off moderately weak for her price). If you build up her charges well enough to make the most of Duplicity, Mystic Push can eventually shut down opposing spell casting (and augment friendly spell casting). Magic Beam allows her to make some ranged attacks even though she is a dedicated melee champion. Her first upgrade path lets you choose how she accrues charges and her second upgrade path allows her some thematic options. Each upgrade path allows her to have a powerful upgrade in a dedicated Fairy deck.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  3. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Why? Sounds like work for nothing

4. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I like the idea except for hp. Fairies are supposed to be flimsy and weak. Bulwark fairy or deflection could be added instead.

5. Xirone

Mostly for added flavor. It is not a lot of work to recolor the effect. At any rate, this part of the champ isn't a "must."

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

she looks like she would mesh very well in a fairy or meta bg, duplicity and mystic push is a killer combination.

7. Xirone

That's true that the Fae usually have low HP. With the revamp happening, I think the devs are trying to limit the number of abilities champs get. I chose to add a few extra HP since she is a Hero and to limit the number of abilities she has on base. But, yeah, the Fae usually should have lower HP.

Woffleet likes this.
  8. Xirone

Yeah, I am actually thinking of moving Magic Beam to the second upgrade path because of how good Duplicity + Mystic Push would be.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I thought Oberon and Titania were King and Queen of the fae :p

Xirone likes this.
  10. Xirone

Actually, maybe it shouldn't be a Hero because it would die once a copy of it were created, right?

Woffleet likes this.
  11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

This completely skipped my mind but yes.

Woffleet likes this.
  12. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

for fae arn't abilities like divert and deflect there to make up for the loss in hp?

13. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

maybe race charged would be too much considering duplicity.

14. v505bx

v505bx Well-Known Member

Too many heroes not enough villains, make her evil Xirone, this game needs more evil.

15. Xirone

Just for fun...

Amareth, The Fallen Fairy Queen
    Race: Demon, Fairy
    Class: Assassin, Wizard
    Artwork: A war-scarred fairy is floating over the severed heads of a thousand Deep Elves. She is enrobed in bone armor and wears a blood diadem. The severed heads beneath her and behind her, look up at Amareth, revealing their last moments of tortured horror.
    Flavor-Text: "There were fond memories of Amareth from long ago. Long ago she started to change..." -Menalaus, lamenting the fallen Amareth.

Champion Stats
    DMG: 12, SPD: 6, RNG: 5-6, DEF: 0, HP: 46

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Red Magic
    Assassinate (2)
    Brain Eater
    Hidden: Earth
    Flight
    Villain

Champion Upgrade Path 1
    Soul Siphon, Soul Vitality, Life Drinker

Champion Upgrade Path 2
    Blood Frenzy (3), Blood Offering, Blood Knowledge

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  16. Xirone

In an effort to make sure Amareth doesn't kill herself when she multiplies, due to Hero, here is an updated suggestion that makes her a Legendary rune, instead of an Exotic Hero...

Amareth, Fairy Queen
    Class: Wizard & Royalty
    Rarity: Legendary

Champion Stats

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Blue Magic
    Duplicity
    Flight
    Mystic Push
    Spell Charged (2)

Champion Upgrade Path 1
    Grant: Magical Aura (DEFAULT), Magic Beam, Reflection (6)

Champion Upgrade Path 2

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This I feel was a design mistake that was made a while ago, and people decided to roll with it mainly because melee units with pseudo range are way better than the ones who don't have it.
    A melee is a melee, period. It doesn't need ranged attacks to "compensate" for that, if you want ranged options you deploy ranged champions.
    Not bashing on the champ, Xironebud, it's just that I feel it would be important to move away from this mentality.
    On the champ herself the concept seems nice, and while Spell Charged (2) seems too good on paper due to the natural spell spam gameplay Fae have (and OP Oracle), being melee makes her deploy "dangerous".
    I also don't like 8SPD in FF KF, as much as I don't like 7SPD + Arctic/IS font bonus, 7SPD + Leap 3, Exertion, etc, etc, etc, but thats a different issue altogether.

18. Xirone

Agreed on the "melee having access to range" thing. KF has a noticeable lack of AoE abilities and I thought Magic Beam would help out with that. Magic Beam is not essential to the core of the champ, though. That ability could easily be replaced with some soft CC (not Soothing Serenade).