Ancestral Avenger and Titans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sepulcher, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Alright, so it's pretty obvious that all Titans are way underpriced - but the worst offender is Ancestral Avenger.

Could have sworn I saw KF players using this guy pre-patch when he was 120. Now he's 84. Stop the madness.

I could also mention Glacial Titan at 86, Marsh Gargantua at 85, etc.
    And of course, in all of his 6 SPD majesty, Greater Pitspawn at 99! That one was sarcastic, but it is kind of fun seeing him sub-100 for the first time.

I can envision all of these going up by 5-15 Nora, without exception. I know that the revamp is a work in progress, but I think these guys are so out of line they deserve their own thread.

Might I add that the ability Solidify, which I included in my BG on Voidraker for the exact purpose of countering AA, doesn't actually work. Eyewitness accounts can verify.

84 Nora Icesnap and whatnot is a problem too, but I'll let someone else raise the alarm about all that.

Plz fix plz thx

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    Tweek516, st3ck, PurpleTop and 2 others like this.
  2. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't run a faultbreaker at 110 nora, but 95 is possibly worth the tempo hit.

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I couldn't agree more. Right now the ability, Titan, is costed at -15 NORA. A good first step, I believe, would be to up the cost of Titan to -10 NORA. After that, the problematic champs like Ancestral Avenger could be tapped a bit more.

GabrielQ likes this.
  4. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

it's funny because the two "best" titans are the two cheapest titans.
    I asked for a buff to marsh gargantua but this is just too much.

5. Sepulcher

Personally, I think AA is just the latest example of a champ with too much Incorporeal, and that we should seriously take a look at changing that ability altogether.

When I look back at the "Yeti incident", I think about the original Fang and Fur and all that, but moreso I think about Yeti Spirit with Ghost, and how much of a ridiculous champ he was at the time. Then I remember champs like the original Ravenwraith, or the original Phase Spider... Having an ability that basically equates to "Immunity - All except Magic" is such a hard counter, and I think most people that have been playing for a long time have just grown accustomed to it and no longer question whether or not this ability is limiting design.

Just food for thought for the PDC/devs. Part of AA's problem is his pricetag, but another part is just how powerful Incorporeal is on a champ like him. There's a reason people were running him at 120 before all this.

6. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Marsh Gargantua also has 9 abilities, didn't we say that no champion ever is allowed to have more than 8?

7. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

kill them with fire

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

This, we are blaming the new algorithm when there are arbitrary costs that were set up to avoid crazy nora costs with a flawed costing formula.

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Too bad Pimpspawn has Immune: Fire

Baskitkase likes this.
  10. goldmonkee

goldmonkee I need me some PIE!

Have you seen Glacial Titan actually do well in play? An ST champ with the stats of a Redcap Twin sounds awesome outright, but the few times I've played him so far he's been underwhelming. I'd like to know if it's just me :(

11. Sepulcher

Who is "we"?

Baskitkase and BurnPyro like this.
  12. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Incorporeal needs changing. Some suggestions when Yeti Spirit was the Ghost of the Week were:

A) Change it so Incorporeal units can be damaged by Psychic as well
    B) Change it to prevent Physical, Poison, and Disease damage and reduce all others by 50%.

They have the same idea as a basis: expand the damage types that can harm ghosts so it's not "Magic or Nothing."

Xirone likes this.
  13. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

AA is redicolous to be kind...
    It needs to be 100+ nora and get heal def. or vuln. magic.

I am hoping for a hot fix this weekend or on monday, or my weekend is ruined =)

14. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I'm a fan of Incorporeal also being damaged by psychic attacks.

If AA stays the way he is (which he shouldn't), he should lose loyalty and get warding.

Imperatrix, Xirone and Gorebucket like this.
  15. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah soon everyone will understand you basically can time slip this knucklehead and melt faces with cavalier disregard.

16. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

When I saw moog I already knew his nora cost needed to go up but when I saw AA I started laughing in madness for about 5 minutes and people in my house thought I was going crazy so before I actually do go crazy I hope he gets +15 nora and gets easier to kill..

17. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

I am not accusing anyone but if any of the developers were to need a ride to a substance abuse program, I am happy to help out.
    Because that's what you do when you are a nice person or just trying to avoid preferred placement in the line to hell. Given that I think I see the guy who shot the Pope from my current position, it's the least I could do.

18. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

AA is way cheap.... Was not in need of a buff. Heck I was running voil prog befor e thus change at 120 Nora and was fine paying for him, but don't tell anyone I said that. He may have been a bit overcosted, but at the right time he was a game changer. At94 Nora he is a pretty brainless deploy. 77 hp.

The AA is a better rune in general, and he dropped to sub- 90. That's not ok. Most, if not all, the titans need a 10 to 15 Nora hike at least. And mountaineer.... I still think they all deserve that..... Just not at this price tag. And who now would ever run any of he faction dragons with titans at these prices? Put the titans bac... Bottom line. None of them should be sub 100

19. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

oh also 69 Nora klub

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, if you ask me I'd think Titan is acctually a positive ability, and should acctually cost +15 nora instead of -15.
    I mean, the only negative ability it gives is Unequippable right?

KingJad likes this.