and elf deck

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by greenman13, Apr 26, 2014.

1. greenman13

greenman13 The King of Potatoes

2. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

you need (in my opintion) more ranged champs. take out one dusk druid and one GotC and replace them with 2xdeadly tracker

GabrielQ likes this.
  3. Staxover

Staxover Member

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

you may want to include flamemages too, they add a lot to the bg with alt damage, illusions for thorn collection and elven statue, dispel and nora gen. Ghost stalker is nice too, because soul collection is nice to have and swap and cast ghostly visages are great tools, and he brings more illusions also. You can try elven statue instead of catharsis bloom if you like to setup slowly and I would add a epochal oasis instead of herbal antidote or grimlic's mirror

5. greenman13

6. dsjtheman

that looks a lot better, let us know how it does.

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

This is the elf deck I am playing these days...

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/Cd-Cp4ChxC5FChkCjbCfxC50s7s4KS2ts6gs6Br3nr2Yr r3frqrUeWe2w

It is a little heavy on relics but there are just too many good options to pass up. There is a ton of internal synergy in the deck and it seems to be doing pretty well. With the wrong draw, though, you'll be lacking firepower.

Edit: Oddly enough, almost all the runes in the deck are female... or at least fem-curious. ;)

8. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cd-coGco...vcyacfQc1bs3qs1-s7Ts1_s7Ws2ts6Br2Yr3feWe2ue2w

Haven't played in a while and waiting for the revamp to get serious but here is where I am at in BG building.

First, if you wanted an elf BG, you're talking synergy for me and not theme (I added Bliss because she makes an elf-heavy BG that much better IMO)
    Second, you need to compete in the meta which means the basics like beaters, tanks, alt damage, DoT whenever possible and such.
    Third, too many other options and factions can play the long game well so play for a mid-game win if you play KF which means some "killer round" game changers that let you upset the balance and then press.

Condor and Boa are awesome in dealing damage and taking it in general.
    Deadly Tracker's strike and poison make him very attractive, especially in concert with boa
    Taskmaster blends well with another ichor, gives an elf buff and can gives some killer round qualities with hit and rune, etc.
    Rage of the circle, Burning Oak Seed, Frostcall Quiver, Epocal Sag, Bard and Druid give you a nice assortment of alt damage.
    There's some nice DoT with posion and rend. swap arrowsinger with archer commander and you get a bit more.
    Blademaster and artisan give you shatter. In the end, I think you ditch artisan and add withering fern as a better option for the space.

Overgrowth deals with moving your out of place relics, killing enemy ones and gives you some boa fodder.
    Spontaneous growth is very nice on champs, especially when it twins with treefolk blessing.
    Bullseye and abilities like bard give you opportunity to really have some nice damage turns and then back off or drive it home.

So much left off the table obviously. Mage play is always fun and elven shade is a fun champ.

To Xirone: 2x condor include is freaking brutal, I misremembered him being mythical and didn't even consider it.

9. dsjtheman

i love my royal condor :D

10. greenman13

11. GabrielQ

I would remove guardian of the circle and blademaster to replace with elven artisan (better shatter unit) and colossal boa (works better with singer's nora shield) I would remove rage of the circle for more support also, and ancestral anger too, because you have good melee and command charge on taskmaster to turn your range into melee, I would try with a epochal oasis too, teleport is powerful.

12. greenman13

thanks for the feed back I was wondering would it worth it to replace elven mage with wizard of ways

13. GabrielQ

Wizard of the ways with relocate foe can be game changing, but I feel like elven mage is far more reliable than apprentice mage wich looks better in a fae/wizard bg were she can take advantage of foment and chained fae. I would remove the two of them and include one wizard of the ways (this would be your wildcard slot) and one ghost stalker (because he brings really nice utility)

14. greenman13

I have apprentice mage in there for detection plus her aura's are so much fun to use and can devastate healing decks

15. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I have such a hard time picking champions because alot of them are very useful i will post what im running and what has been semi successful since i came back. I have been trying to fix its weaknesses but every time i find a good rune to put inti the bg that would be great i find myself struggling on what to take out because every rune i have in the bg has been useful.

Do you guys think elf bgs can compete enough to be in limited leagues or is ir all kf meta bgs in limited?

16. Engleberry

Engleberry The King of Potatoes

17. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I think if it like a kf meta it good to add oracles as well as good detection runes i use winged leper and tracker and elven druid also god detect runes

18. Javier Romero

Javier Romero The King of Potatoes

19. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

With all the ways to bypass DEF I really don't get the inclusion of Wooden Scales. If the DEF adjustments were permanent changes that would be on thing, but 3 rounds, even when the adjustments stack, just isn't enough for me. With that said, if you like it, more power to you!

20. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!