Angel of Mercy

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Zythraak, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

Could we please get rid of improve range or make it affect people of the same class? I don't get ANY benefit at all from improve range on her in my paladin deck...I suppose it would help Bastion if I ran him, archangel, a different angel of mercy, or angles of protection. Anyone else think this ability is next to worthless?

Thbigchief likes this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Don't worry. It should have a use next patch ;)

SaintKiwi and Zythraak like this.
  3. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Either give other angels some synergy (tho another theme to fight for attention but what can u do)...or just make improve range an "upgrade" choice for a deck that doesn't quite exist other then being cool to look at.

4. Zythraak

Sounds great! I'll definitely keep her then, she makes it so easy to charge up AoD.

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- meh ...just make wonky non-existent theme enabling abilities upgrade options...improve range is so slapped on. And remove immortality for archangel . She now has abuse charged but no longer scale armor so thats odd.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Yeah buff IS Harb

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, let's balance stuff based on the convenience of our decks. Awesome!

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I think this is a trend we must stop at all costs.

9. Zythraak

Improve range serves no purpose on her, it's basically broken, like complex machine. :p

Thbigchief likes this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Not quite the same. Btw complex machine is being fixed today.

Rapidice likes this.
  11. Zythraak

Yeah, and I'm psyched about that!

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

AoP, the other AoM, Bastion, Harby, Aspect of Divinity, half of the KF champ roster and anything to which you apply Blessing of Al'mara beg to differ.

Just because you don't have the rune, dont like the rune or don't use the rune doesnt mean its a bad ability, it means the ability is not important to you which speaks to my point: Catering to everyones whims is impossible, and a terrible way to balance champs.

sassquatch likes this.
  13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Bakki (or someone else) if you have a chance would you be able to test Improve Range with Blessing of Al'Mara? I have a feeling that there will be a bug similar to the Boost bug that will cause the "new angel" to not gain range until either the unit moves or the improve:range aura moves. I have no way to do so myself ATM.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

As soon as servers come up I'll test it and report back here.

Markoth likes this.
  15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Thank you kindly sir.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

18. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

this is how i feel then people talk about the bounty hunter ability cost/champ cost hate. not entirely relevant to the OP but whatever.

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I hear ya sassy, there is a major trend of balancing to peoples preference going around. It's really stupid.

20. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Improve range has its uses. AoM without other Angels, it does not. However, Surge: Moga is worthless without other Moga. I love my 2-7 ranged AoP. 1-2 ranged BtA. 1-3 ranged Archangel. 4-8 ranged other AoM. +1 ranged split Angels and Spirits. Yeah, I like it. And it's not like she "just" got it. She has had it. It's not new.