Angel spam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by negatorxx, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Good thoughts. Worth noting though that they cost a lot of nora and people wont run them if they are only 5 range unless they excell in other areas.

2. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

you mean like healing a hell lot and still being offensive units?

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Cut down on their abhorrent advantages, don't exacerbate the problem by distributing compensatory points of weakness.

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

lamo

Pedeguerra and Sealer0 like this.
  5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Healing requires a unit to still be alive or be damaged else its pointless. Dont get me wrong, the heal is a large part of what makes Intensify good but it isnt the problem. Its a very back loaded ability requiring 5 rounds before the angel becomes nora efficient. Obviously deploying it early becomes attractive because the early game does not involve much combat.
    Angels are 7 Speed flying units which are exceptional early game units as a result. This further increases the attractiveness of deploying an angel if revealed in the first couple rounds. As Sok has already mentioned, lowering the base speed to 6 is a good start to tapping angels.

I know range is rare in SL but in the rest of the world (UD dun count) 5 range units are a dime a dozen. The meta currently values efficiency so something has to have something to offer to get noticed. Angels typically are run for the 6 range late game. Intensify getting knocked down to +1 range is an interesting idea.

Would people prefer 2-4 range with +1 from intensify or would people prefer 3-5 with +1 from intensify. The first option is good at close range. At 6 speed you can back up and attack. The second option is better from ranged but at 6 speed limits the units effectiveness up close.

6. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Also Zeventrech

7. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

I mean honestly the is angel is the worst of the offenders here followed by fs ud. I don't have a problem with the other angels. But ya IS angel is insane I don't know how they even pretending with that one. Let's just hope they tweak on an individual angel basis rather than a blanket tweak which would leave the top three offenders playable and the rest trash.

8. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

You mean I get to lose my only meta 6 range champ? Oh happy days!

PurpleTop likes this.
  9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Dun worry. We haz Harbys.

Molosse, SPiEkY and Nebron like this.
  10. Poxjedi

Poxjedi I need me some PIE!

I'm getting really burnt on the nerfs...This is some bad Oprah special & instead of everyone getting a car everyone gets hit in the face with a nerf bat. You get nerfed, you get nerfed everyone gets nerfed...I feel like anything that sticks out as a quality unit you guys want to crush it. Now almost every unit that was pimp is now mediocre at best. I think it would be one thing if I just came in to the game and never knew what the old units where capable off, but i'm not and i'm getting really tired of looking at old runes that I used to like a lot and saying cant use that unit since it sucks now.

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Use your head here then what does the issue sound like ? The issue your naming really sounds like certain maps are the issue not champs i fail to see how people still aren't understanding this yet. Let me get my point across again your opponent draws a 6 speed flyer here and caps their font you draw a 5 speed on sl map with tar now is the issue the champ or is the issue map design think it over. The issue has never ever been champs on draw win situations the issue is going second and font placement that's it lets stop blaming everything else and fix the core issue to the game.

12. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Most of those are champs hit by the revamp though? What recent nerfs made champs unplayable?

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think a point is better delivered with sizable support, rather than just pure size.

mortal ix and Baskitkase like this.
  14. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

When it is stated a thousand times by about every veteran that plays your game , it gets to the point where you need to make sure it is seen.

15. Bonice90

zeven doesnt count cos it doesnt have it on base but via equipment

16. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I hope intensify still have at least give +1 defence buff otherwise it will be easier to get killed and/or increase all angels def to uniform 2/3 defence

17. Bonice90

2def and no +1def int bonus

18. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Man Angels are OP.....

Buff Drown

19. Bonice90

yes y no drown flying units without them being grounded first

20. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I think the nerf will butt- hurt AOPain the most she only 1-1 range compare to war who's got 1-2 range