Anime.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by rickyjpen, Apr 10, 2014.

1. ptjimbo

ptjimbo I need me some PIE!

I have to say my top five animes would have to be:

1. Cowboy Bebop
    2. Samurai Champloo
    3. Attack on Titan
    4. Berserk
    5. Baka and Test or Princess Jellyfish

It was hard for me to actually make this list because there is A LOT of good anime out there. I am always re-watching the anime I have listed here, they are just too damn good.

I am conflicted about Attack on Titan and Samurai Champloo, honestly they both would be number two for me but that's a serious cop out so I just put Attack on Titan below it because I remember watching Samurai before it. Both are action packed but I would have to say a lot of the feels in AoT are much heavier than I felt in SC. Not saying there were no emotional parts in SC, just heavier moments in AoT.

Berserk is crazy, exciting and loaded with feels, the story and characters are great.

Baka and Test and Princess Jellyfish are honestly fun to watch, both with great fun moments and some emotional parts. But they are both more fun and amusing than loaded with emotional feels like the other four I have on my list. I watch these two a lot, rewatching episodes I enjoyed a lot. These are tons of fun to watch, if you're looking for fun anime to watch.

Cowboy Bebop I put at the top for so many reasons. Music, art, style, story, so many different factors go into why I enjoy this anime so much.

I tried keeping this brief, in school and I don't want to spoil anything from any of these. But yeah, these are all greats I recommend.

rickyjpen and Noremac415 like this.
  2. Noremac415

Noremac415 New Member

GOd i know right? That show is pretty underrated, as far as with who i've talked to about anime but i think it's perfect haha

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

4. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

I really hope they'll reveal in the OVA that Mako is actually Nui disguised. She deserves a better ending.

5. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

Whatever that was oh my xP. Looked entertaining don't know if I could take it seriously lol but entertaining to say the least xP.

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

mako or nui? :p

7. Tarabostes

Who was the one who committed suicide by self-decapitating before the final battle just to enrage the fandom?

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I was making a joke :p
    and is it still suicide if you then become a giant vampiric cloth monster? but then rainbow pretty much absorbs her :(

Also here when they are talking about mako and you see her power on the screen,watch the number that is her head :p

"Giant vampiric cloth monster" is a combination of words I did not think to use , ever...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  9. Tarabostes

You should watch FLCL or Dead Leaves.
    deee.png

ptjimbo likes this.
  10. rickyjpen

I dunno what it is but I can't stop watching Fairy Tail..... I know most don't like it but some sort of lasting allure is stuck between me and that show X_X

11. ptjimbo

I know your feels all too well.. I could not stop watching it either.

rickyjpen likes this.
  12. rickyjpen

I'm so glad they are launching it again :D. I am still at episode 136 atm but I feel like I will be finished by the time the got some english subs out :)

Geressen likes this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I need to start watching it again, I went off it when I caught up and started reading the manga online, then I caught up to the end of that and since then I havn't been back yet.

rickyjpen likes this.
  14. ptjimbo

Yeah, really cool they are. But I've been literally obsessing, playing the game and watching the show almost non-stop, over Attack on Titan. xD

rickyjpen likes this.
  15. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Fairy Tail got pretty bad. Like, why so much fan service? And it shows up at the most inappropriate time, like in some epic battle or something. Then (I forgot what this is called) the author writes his characters into a problem that can't be solved and has to use some random, outside "force," let's say, to help out. I stopped watching when Natsu and Romeo were falling and I was thinking "There is literally no way to save them unless the author uses the aforementioned tactic," then Natsu shouts "Romeo! Use sticky fire!" Then they shoot out a sting(?) of fire that forms into a hand at the end and grab a wall. And I was like, wut? -_-
    And yes, I know Romeo uses some kind of fancy purple fire that called sticky fire or some Bane Shift but Natsu doesn't...
    Yea, poor writing killed it for me. Then again, wasn't it aimed specifically at little kids or something? That's why there's no blood, right?

Also, I just realized something funny. I would never admit to watching/reading anime/manga in real life. I just can't :/

ANYWAYS, hopefully someone can help me out (I haven't had the chance to read the whole thread yet). I've heard of this so-called amazing anime called "Stein's Gate" and I was wondering what you all thought of it.

16. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I watched attack on titan season 1. I liked the graphics alot, the story much less. Not sure if there is a season 2 or not but it's doubtful I'll go back.

The colossal and armored titans both showed up to knock holes in the wall then just disappeared? Meh.

18. ptjimbo

They come back later on. But you gotta read the manga to know that. They also reveal who and what they are.
    And to answer your other question there is no second season as of yet.

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

did you seeeeee the post crediiiits clifhaaaaanger?

20. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Lots of cool suggestions here.

Some of my favorites:

Death Note
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Darker than Black
    Sword Art Online
    Anything Everything by Miyazaki.

rickyjpen likes this.