Annex

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XFurionsX, Sep 19, 2014.

1. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

The annex abilitie: While this unit is in play fonts you control have their font bonus increased by 1 square. This ability does not stack.

Most of the units with annex don't see play, except for some like voil courier, ironfist minister and sometimes the woodland diplomat.
    Is because annex is an expensive abilitie or just because most of the people don't like the champs?
    By the way, are they all politics? must be funnny watching all of them in a table playing poker.

2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Annex is the signature ability of a set of 8 champions, one of each faction, unofficially called the "Diplomats".

Leadrz likes this.
  3. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

*cough* Banners too... *cough*

4. Morfeas

ehh I was talking about champions only >.<

5. XFurionsX

Thats what i mean, are they there to replace the banners? if so is not working.

6. Morfeas

No, banners are designed to always be 1x auto-include and not contest for that spot with anything else. Given how long ago the Diplomats were released they're not here to replace anyone either. They are just thematic runes with a signature ability that does not stack and thematically happens to be on an auto-include rune as well.

7. XFurionsX

So they are just decoration runes and for lore porpouses.

8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

No, they were bad redesigned.

Morfeas likes this.
  9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

what about nefari messanger she used to be really god rune before she really too expensive now ..

Also remember when al diplomats had this extra ability added to the annex ability?
    Annex- whenever there are more than one champion with this ability all champions will be destroyed

10. ShionNR

ShionNR I need me some PIE!

What, that acutally existed or am I being rused? I remember it would give pacified to all units for 2 turns if a champion with annex would be deployed while there was already a champion with it in play or something like that.

11. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I have previously suggested that Annex be changed to an activated ability that places the font bonus in AoE2/AoE3 around the spot the diplomat is on (but not actually move with the diplomat). It is more flavorful (as it more directly respresents annexation of territories) and it is a more useful ability. It can also help make terrain BGs a thing, for some factions.

12. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

my bad i meant to say
    Annex- whenever there are more than one champion with this ability all champions with this ability will be destroyed
    if you put woodland diplomat and i put my nefari messenger both of the runes will die
    I said all because of 2v2 you can have up to both players with diplomats