Announcement: Attack Crusade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

WAI. Basic attacks are very specific subset of attacks and alternate attacks are never basic. Certain effects only triggering on basics is intended.

Loss of Life is damage type with certain characteristics when it comes to applying the damage, but is not intended to change the nature of how attacks work.

The amount of damage doesn't determine whether something is an attack.

That said, I should probably check Curse to make sure it's following attack rules, but glancing at the code it appears to be done in the "correct" manner (unlike Starlight, which is why it bypasses Blinded).

WAI.

~

Thanks for the list, but none of what you cited is an example of what I am talking about in this thread :D

2. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

This is reasonable, but worth noting in the description.

3. Sokolov

I mean, it makes sense that it happens, not that I consider it WAI. It's a bug.

4. Sokolov

Fixed for Next Patch:

Pounce
    This champion is relocated to the closest non-damaging space to target enemy unit within 5 spaces and deals Physical damage at +2 DMG against the target if able.
    Note: Making this an attack is still being investigated. In the meantime, it will have its description edited so that it no longer says it is an attack.

Frigid Lance (formerly Freezing Strike)
    This champion makes a Frost attack at RNG 2-5. If the target is occupying Ice, Snow or is <condition value=frozen>Frozen</condition> and is successfully damaged, the target also becomes <condition value=chilled>Chilled</condition> for 3 turns and <condition value=inhibited>Inhibited</condition> for 3 turns.
    Note: Now properly counts as an attack and uses the Burning Sandspout template.

Censure
    This champion makes a Loss of Life attack at RNG 2-5. If the target is occupying Dead Magic Zone or is <condition alue=cursed>Cursed</condition> and is successfully damaged, the target also it takes an additional 3 Psychic damage and loses all AP.
    Note: Now properly counts as an attack and uses the Burning Sandspout template.

Starlight
    This champion makes a Magical attack at RNG 2-5. If the target is successfully damaged, it also takes an additional 2 damage for each champion with Race: Fairy or <ability value=544>Attack: Magical</ability> within 5 spaces of this champion (the additional damage ignores DEF).
    Note: Now properly counts as an attack. The additional damage is dealt separately as a package.

Telekenetic Thrust
    Note: No longer usable while Incorporeal.

Stone Barrage
    Note: No longer usable while Incorporeal.

super71, Etherielin, Tweek516 and 3 others like this.
  5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

So for starlight, will stuff like tough reduce the damage twice? And I assume the extra damage (if separate from the attack) is magic damage?

6. Sokolov

Yes to both.

7. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I like Burning Sandspout template used on Frigid Lance

Tweek516 likes this.
  8. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Now that Starlight is changed to range 2-5, is it reasonable to ask for a small HP buff to the Sylph? (+2-4 HP)

9. Sokolov

She will be changed a bit since she has a bigger natural range than that atm.

Etherielin likes this.
  10. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Whirl of the blade (Groble Dervish) aint counted as an attack in a few situations, not sure if its WAI or not so reporting it here to maybe get that cool groble upgraded/bugfixed :)
    Doesnt inflict sunder, rend or jolt if you have equipment or spells on the Groble.
    - dont trigger against more then 1 enemy, so getting him to engage two enemies at the same time is no good.
    - dont trigger vs stunned/incorporeal/paralyzed (guess its because it says engaged)
    - dont trigger flamebreath ballista auto-attacks, need to test against a sentinel enemy to see if it triggers then.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

its not a basic attack. its WAI

12. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Noticed the relic Sanctuary of Hope gives certain combat abilities -1AP, making attacks cheaper then its supposed to do. berserk attack for 2/4AP instead of 3/5AP is great, but feels bad.