Anyone else keep getting randomly booted??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Theoutcast, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Ive lost my fair share of games to bad play. However, over the last week ive been booted from about 30 games multiple times. Anyone else having this issue? Really starting to piss me off.

2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Yeh it happens to me all the time due to some software fault. It really pisses me off!

3. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

@MogaBait 's final strike has begun.

Run.

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I can not even play the game.

The load screen is pure white except for the loading globe.

I will move a champ 6 spaces but visual they will only move one space. Once this happens I can no longer move that champ or activate abilities. Then when my turn ends the the champ will magically move the 6 spaces. (Often makes moving and attacking impossible) [Happens randomly not every time]

Using any signal target spell or trying to place a unit can take 5-20 seconds because of lagging.

And ya, I kicked off all the time, often without the in game timer stopping. Once I get kicked off twice in a row I stop playing and move on.

This all started when I woke up and found windows 10 magically install on my computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled after removing all pox content 3 times. Second time was a little better then the 1st, but the 3rd time was complete garbage (Just insanely laggy) Have not even try to play poxnora since. Bums me out because I really like my battle group, I manage a few win even with the insane lag.​

super71 likes this.
  5. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

You're also still in a game vs dragonblade1000. The game has been going on for 421hours, 31mins.

6. OriginalG1

FW players, you know how we do. :]

That was a game where i got kicked off twice. The same event happened every time went to use that kf/fs amp phycic bg with portal mage and SotM for 3 days. It was weird to see.

I want to play but really can not play the game like this. Have not gotten any tips or suggestions on how to solve the issue either. Getting that end of the road feeling.

super71 likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Qucas and OriginalG1 like this.
  8. OriginalG1

Part of it is really on me. I do not really want to try the steam version of Pox at this point in time (scared I will get involved with counter strike if I download steam and what I do with my time is really important to me). I have one more year of school left then I will have my professional Bachelors degree in architecture. My problems are with the client. As I was working on some renderings for work I thought back to this thread and knew I really just venting some frustrations toward pox when the truth is I a currently unwilling to explore all my options. The client was working good, then window 10 happened and it has not worked right since.

I wanted to post the fact that I have not explored all my options before a Green saw it, but Sokolov came in with some love right away. Thanks you!

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Thanks for the clarification @OriginalG1. It is understandable to want to vent your frustrations about such things happening. Just from what you described it does sound like some sort of software conflict. An easy thing to try is just making sure your video drivers are up to date, but if you need help troubleshooting you can contact our support on https://www.poxnora.com/index.do or post in the Tech Support section of the forums and we will do what we can to help you workout the issue.

Sounds like a possible connection problem. As @Vorian mentioned it could also be a software issue. One of the more common culprits is internet security software. Depending on the settings it could be a little too sensitive and giving false positives. Make sure Pox Nora is on your security exceptions list. Have you always had this problem or is it just recent? Did this start happening after a windows update or after updating your anti-virus/malware software?

OriginalG1 likes this.
  10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

@OriginalG1 set your computer back to Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 if you don't know how to do it I can walk you through it when I'm at my computer next. I had to do it after a few of my older games didn't work with Windows 10.

11. OriginalG1

since window 10 installed it's self my computer has been working alot better besides pox, i will think about it. Thanks super71

12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I ran into many problems with multiple computers at work and at home, Windows 10 is just frustrating lol. Let me know if you need help reverting to Windows 8.

13. OriginalG1

i tried, i did what the support staff told me
    not as bad as reinstalled 3 but still unplayable lag
    it is over for now

super71 likes this.
  14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

There are several guides out there for tweaking Windows 10 to run smoother. It is unfortunate that it does require so much tweaking on the user's part.

super71 likes this.
  15. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Try a multiboot with Linux: even with Wine, Pox runs smoother than on Win 10.

Sadly, Win 10 have a very bad interaction with the Java Virtual Machine.

super71 likes this.