Anyone playing tortuns?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by guokamoli54, Oct 19, 2016.

1. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Anyone playing Tortuns to any success? Just seem bad since trade got nerfed to oblivion...

2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

@Skybloom

Edit: This also belongs in split faction forum i believe.

3. guokamoli54

Um well you can play FF torts so i feel this is fine were it is? And no sense posting it in Kthir cuz faction bonus is useless on torts lol

4. Anima26

Its beccause Tortuns are split faction but i guess if youre planning on playing FF FS Tortuns then its appropriate to post it in here. You didnt specify that though in OP :p

Last time i saw them played they seemed quite effective at stalling it out and spamming pymgy tort summons. Didnt see much else though, only spectated for short while. They do have an arrow eater champion which is nice. And Fishkisser and Groundpounder are pretty good.

5. guokamoli54

Ya dont really have any splits right now trying to start fresh after nerf so gonna try FF FS torts forgot to mention in OP tho sorry lol plus with trade now costing nora instead of gaining you full FS seemed most viable due to additional nora gen

6. Anima26

Yeah FF FS will help with nora gen side of things with Marsh Song and Noraweave. I have no recent experience with them so cant really help ya out, hopefully someone else will see this thread and help out. Or you could try spectating FS games until u find a few Tortun games.

7. guokamoli54

Ya hopefully someone can give some help lol i know @GabrielQ played tortuns alot back in the day is he still around?

8. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Tortuns aren't bad as a theme, I'd say they're almost as good(or as good) as Draksars. The trick with them is that they don't really scale to a late game, unless you're good/lucky enough to get some Battle Leader triggers with Mangleshell - of course running Tremir isn't a bad idea at all since he's a damage machine(if the RNG gods love you), but you'll pretty much win with sheer power.

Their other champions have quite decent abilities and Turtle Shell is very powerful if you're not playing vs FW. Personally I rely a lot on their AP gen, it allows them to make power turns from a pretty long distance. Their issue is the same as with most "70 nora" themes(maybe a bit worse because of ponderous): you can't really let them die until you have a few of them out so you can safely get kills, which isn't easy sometimes, with the added problem of being weak against snowballing themes(like I said, if you don't have Battle Leader).

9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Battle leader over tariff?

Edit: ah yes ofc because of corsair

10. Lushiris

With this summon heavy meta I find Battle Leader more useful, specially given how good any healing is for Tortuns. I don't run Corsair either, but that's my option, I might try it eventually.

11. guokamoli54

Man i like the sounds of a Tariff deck with corsairs, toll takers and mangle. Any site with updated list of creature abilities?

12. Lushiris

It doesn't stack. And here.

13. guokamoli54

Oh ya duh rtfc right? Lol

14. Lushiris

I might be wrong but I think it did use to stack in the past.

15. guokamoli54

Ya i think it might have as well. Seen some games of ppl playing torts tonight and it seemed they do ok. But like was already mentioned them seem expensive for what they do and are fairly slow.