AoE/Pull/Push BG help

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Capitulator, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

I've been a PvE player for a while but I'm finally pretty happy with the runes I've got. Here's the BG I'm currently using:
    http://poxbase.com/deck/C20CgICikCwxc7_C9TCijc9QChns6=Sxs44S46s7Xs7YR28rNrGrWr2x

I'm looking for advice on any changes before taking it to PvP.

I'm also finding the tendrals+whirlpool interaction quite tricky to get right. Is it even possible against a human (and with only 2 minute turns! :eek:)?

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Well, these kind of bgs are tricky, and sadly dragging attack + rapid attack doesn't seem to work, and full blown mechanic trickdecks aren't kinda the most reliable thing to work with.

Given that you seem to be working on a tight budget, I'll recommend you to look at a split battlegroup first, as the extended rune pool will allow you to circumvent your lack of runes.

I think a option you'll like will be splitting with ST to gain access to deafening aura and distracting luminiscence, and jakei icefisher is kinda cool too.

http://poxbase.com/deck/c20ctC78CfkcioCwxC80C1+c7_C18Cads7Ks6Ts6VS2Lsxs6dS46r2Gr2Tr28

So, you try to get your beefy tanks right up against the enemy and get nora gem on marsh gargantuan.
    Freeze in place and pin down add damage to knockback effects.
    muck dragons are there for punishing aura, so you can force your opponent to move, and if you get to root a champion that is unable to attack, you can get good damage aswell.

3. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Gab is a MUCH better and more experience player than me but i can also suggest something haha. KF has an equip called barbed vine leash which causes dragging attack to deal 5 dmg each drag, and it also has a spell that equips enemys in an AOE with barbed vine leash. Another option is using coral lagoon and Jelly's combined with the SL spell planar Dissonance. The latter of the two is an idea im currently trying. As psych magnetism pulls enemys closer they take 10 dmg and lose ALL ap, which is a surprise to most enemys and a very cool combo :D. Let me know what u think.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

have you tested the barbed vine leash interaction recently?

5. EnigmaXIII

No, but i have a while back, im pretty confident it works

6. Capitulator

Thanks for the advice. I've got quite a bit of KF runes too so I'll probably look at that split. I'll also have a play with muck dragons in there too.

A lot of the damage comes from hallucinogenic and repulsion, so barbed vine leash will definitely work with those even if it doesn't trigger on pull/knockback.

7. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

I just tested it and it both works.
    Dragging Attack triggers the 5 damage effect of the Barbed Wine Leash and Planad Dissonance will deal the 10 damage to all units that attack a unit with Psychic Magnetism.
    However they will not suffer 10 damage through Dragging Attacks relocation effect.

8. EnigmaXIII

Yeah planar dissonance only triggers if its on the enemys turn, a cool trick, but not something you can revolve your bg around. However the KF/FS split has many many combos and you can definitly use the combo, heres just a few i can list:

Carnivorous vines plus any push (e.g. Slam) will deal an extra 10 dmg due to rooted
    Any push + Mystic Whirlpool will deal i think 5dmg? not confirmed
    Warden has Ally KF which is pretty effecient
    Spore Drop can be used for poisonous fumes
    Twisted fireoak is an Amazing Dragging Attack champ

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  9. Capitulator

Thanks again. I'm trying out a bunch of split BGs now instead of FF FS.

Did you know that magnetic anuran's aura stacks? So with two deployed, units that are equipped (e.g. with barbed vine leash) only get 1/4 AP, rounded up. I'm tempted to try running Grimlic's mirror with them to get it to 1/16 AP :D

10. EnigmaXIII

Yeah.. Aura is pretty annoying to face lol, people used to run it with IS's magnetic rover causing u to gen like 1 ap per turn, and they would run Gunbattery and artilery ur ass.. it was really annoying

Leadrz likes this.
  11. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Push + whirlpool = auto 10 dam.
    Dont know if it works with pull.

12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

The extra damage is equal to the number of squares it would have moved but can't, times 5. So knockback 2 squares on a pinned down unit is equal to 10 physical damage. if Gale Force move a unit 2 squares and then the unit is stopped by something, it takes 5 damage. Etc..

13. Capitulator

There are some other interactions that I'm not sure about though. For example, repulsion is a relocation effect (not a move). I think it triggers two AoE damage from poison cloud/hungry mire, and one 5 dmg from a barbed vine leash. Would that trigger tendrils from the deep though?

Wandering is a proper move so it should definitely trigger tendrils. If a whirlpool is behind them then tendrils should trigger twice. Need to check this.