Archangel in Paladin BG

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Kraska, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Kraska

Kraska Member

Hey there,

Is anyone running Archangel of AlMara in their BG's? I know there was a thread about this. I am on the fence. On the one hand, she's got 7 spd, flying, and blessed and Charged Flame Fist as an upgrade is kind of nice. However, abuse charged (which isn't as good as other charges imo) and 87 nora seems kind of pricy in a Paladin BG that already has costly champs like Bastion, Angels of Protection, and Talgar.

What do you guys think? Also, what would you suggest I replace her with? Some of my options are Northern Cross Fanatic or a 2nd Master Axeman. Another thought would be to put a 2nd Dwarven King (although not a Paladin).

Thanks!

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Markoth ruined this champion. Just toss it. Abuse Charged is stupid. You have to be attacked twice to get even a single charged attack off. Who attacks a unit twice but doesnt kill it? Someone for whom charged attack is not necessary.

There's tons of other stuff to use.

On what to replace her with, well that depends on your BG. Post it if you want a tailored response.

3. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

2x Axeman until it loses paladin....which it prolly should...fold him into brute/drunk silliness

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Axeman is great with drunk, give him an ale, then use Summon Axe to take the axe from your collector, he becomes enraged and gains the boost from the axe. Pilfer the axe off him later and repeat as necessary.

5. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Yeh she sucks now and is overcosted and just plain bland.

6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- yerp, he would still have a home after loss of paladin....no biggy and it will stop some of the pitch forks