Archers, Fire KF/UD

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Hugh Mann, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Hugh Mann

Hugh Mann New Member

So I was going through Poxbase looking at archers for whatever reason. And while the obvious archer theme split deck is KF/IS it turns out UD surprisingly has great archers. So why the hell not.

Something like...
    1x Ash, Bandito man
    2x Goblin Archer
    2x Bok Raider

2x Archer Commander
    1x Bowmage
    1x Light of the Circle
    1x Elven Prodigy

...and after that I'm kind of lost. There needs to be some tanky anti-melee melee champs in there but I'm not sure what that should be. What is the best anti-melee melee UD champs? KF champs? What about spells? Aside from 'Fire for Effect' I'm not sure what UD and KF have that are auto-include spells.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I would choose elven taskmaster as anti melee, as command charge gives your archers with a melee attack.
    Other options are privateer captains, as their relics bring a lot of board presence that is detrimental for enemy melee, and slam helps to disengage your other units.
    Bullseye would be an autoinclude spell.

3. Hugh Mann

Hugh Mann New Member

I'm thinking Fading Recollections might be nice also, for having super champs with Elusive suddenly become pincushions.

Note: I'm already running 2x Pincushions for thematic lulz. Pit Dragon mentions archers, is it worth adding in? Seems tanky enough.

4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Arrowsinger is a must.

5. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

archers are expensive. better off with stealth kf/ud

6. Hugh Mann

Hugh Mann New Member

Aside from Arrowsingers, Archers doesn't seem that expensive. Honestly, you skip out on the Singers and all thats left is a Bowmage and Ash.

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

8. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CqmCd-cuYCfVcoxChxcpqChkC-Cfvs3qs4@s7FS2HsAr2YR3Tr20e1+e24e2w

pretty sure this is way more consistent, flexible and better in general.

firelight gem + bullseye makes your bok raider hit like a truck

Demonologist can be your Reward-on-final-hit kill guy. Otherwise, you won't really get anything out of getting a last hit with no Battle Leader, Lifedrinker, Souldrinker, or Swarm champs. helps you in the late game

cloak of long knives over murder for Ash. I'm not sure, its just my preferences.

2 maddening echoes, works similarly to Thorn Trap but with more damage and no refund. I'd rather have this considering archer BGs would be screwed when they get rushed by melee.

1x of sacrifice.... who knows, it might come in handy rather than giving your opp nora

masochist doesnt get its loyalty bonus, so its kinda not really his place

goblin archer + arachna's blade, or you can use it as a negaquip

fiery ambush to make that midfont battle interesting. shoot from afar when your melee opponents are contesting the font.

9. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

Looks interesting, as a side note all future rune designs should be like goblin archer, simple, effective, and easy to understand.