arctic makes st the new kf but potentially faster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by profhulk, Jun 20, 2014.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Seriously change arctic bonus already. Getting rushed by 8 speed st initiative champs with a bazillion hps is ridiculous. Either change artic and ap enabling abilities or make the maps bigger and spread out fonts. I like my games longer than 5 turns. Seriously some of us like build up and longer games in poxnora the same as alot of women like more foreplay and dislike quickies and one pump chumps. The present generation has embraced instant gratification in more aspects than just gaming.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The revamp is imminent. It has been stated that they are trying to slow the game down with the revamp, so I would expect a speed hit across the board.

Goyo likes this.
  3. cf66

cf66 Member

profhulk likes this.
  4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I am dissapoint.

Morfeas likes this.
  5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

AKA I just lost to ST again. The only 8 spd init champion (or 8 spd at all) in st is chirai outrunner, who doesn't have arctic. Sure, you can use arctic gift, he'll only cost 113 nora, super efficient.
    If you mean 7 speed there's lonx hunter, Gnark... snow rhea...... wizened wren.........

Terrible thread. Although I could maybe be convinced that ST font bonus(0r arctic) should be changed, you're just raging with pointless arguments and sex analogies.

Goyo likes this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I've literally been *****ing about ST and IS font bonus for the last 3 years

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

A good reason not to change them.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Contrary to popular believe I didn't always Firk about (as much). As long as 7 speed is the meta and fonts are 8 spaces away, ST and IS font bonus are dumb. There's no justification for the advantage that it gives compared to any other font bonus.

Judging from your 100 ranked games with 60% winrate, if you're an alt you're not shocking and if you're new I question your judgement anyway. I don't think you fully realize exactly how good getting a first font in one turn instead of 2 is.

profhulk, Razzoriel and SPiEkY like this.
  9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

people

Morfeas likes this.
  10. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

To be honest I have yet to see this speed hit. Speed seems to be the same as before. What I've seen so far from previews, champions still have 6/7 speed, except Den Mother at 5 because you know.. KF speed bonus pre-nerf, but that's a different subject. Unless they moved fonts further away, IS font bonus/Arctic is still gonna be as powerful as now.

11. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

12. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Which brings us back first turn draw wins with KF hill and Brood pits lol

13. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

You're talking about arctic and the snow in ST fonts, right? Cause the font bonus of ST is... well... Does anybody even care about it?

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Because we're such good friends I'm going to be generous and give you a 0/10.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

mmmmmmmhm

16. Lauremoon

C'mon, +1 DMG for 2 turns?! :(

17. Poxjedi

Poxjedi I need me some PIE!

Everything is going to change soon, lets see how the revamp pans out.

18. DissolvingBonds

DissolvingBonds The King of Potatoes

Really never had much of a problem with this, but to each their own i guess

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I meant the snow arctic one obviously

20. Lauremoon

Yeah, just joking :)