Are elementals any good?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Alakhami, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Anyone have experience with them? What info can you share?

2. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Most champs are pretty good and fit for goodstuff/frost amp decks. Mostly played them in frost oriented decks where I'd run frost attack whispers and grant three wishes to my crystal yeti to charge for 50+ damage with amp and then laugh.

Their nature of needing other races within the deck to use their gimmicks is kinda restrictive and barely worth it, though. No deploys other than Jakei Shaman feel natural in these decks (worth noting this my opinion and Im not in any way stating this as a fact) and it's most likely due to leverage and surge based synergies. There is also the fact that when I think of including say, Crystal Yeti in a deck, I am thinking of his damage potential via charge, tankiness, cost and then at the tiiiiiny bit further far away back of my mind his nora gem based ability flops around appearing as a mild possibility (which was changed, by the way, whatever happened to restricting lumi).

If you find consistent ways to generate terrain you can mess around with things like Elemental Nexus (which will most likely be nerfed sooner or later if new easier ways to generate terrain come to light). In the meantime I'd suggest Rimeweaver to do all that work via Snowstrike or Orb of Frostfall.

Overall great champs and if efficiency is what you seek this might be your jam.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Like Jelly said, Frost-elemental is the best way to go. I haven't tried to play them recently, but i'm sure the Crystal Crawler buff made them a little stronger.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

5. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

This is my elementals/ nora gem BG.
    https://poxbase.com/deck/cxnCfjCjvCfkC24Cf-cflczDcxPC4jckks7Ks19s7bS2Ls5qsNR2TrIe1ne2PeH
    I've had reasonable success with it. It focuses more on stacking luminescence abilities and abusing the fascinate+deafening aura combo.
    Struggles on constricted maps and against 6+ range champs (Dead fairy and menalaus are the bane of my existence). I plan to add swap as soon as i get the shards for it. I'm by no means a great player, but I've used it to win against people in battlemaster rank a couple times.

Any recommendations for anti-range or anti-equip runes?

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

ST has never had good shatter. Frostfall icewisp is an elemental with shatter.

I'd sa Crystal Elemental is somewhat anti-range considering a good amount are alt damage.

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  7. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

I use jake starseer to trigger endless devotion, and the awestruck that comes with it can help shut down pop's ranged units

Also, whitestar is an elemental with elusive, albeit without endless devotion

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Whitestar is ridiculous, elemental Core is Ridiculous, Rimeweaver is pretty damn good, Glacial titan is also really damn good, lots of things in eles are really damn good. have fun.

Alakhami likes this.