Are we talking about those Voil yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atherhog, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Problems:

Surge on a range 6 unit in a theme which can generate multiple units with very little effort/cost
    Bulwark on a killer champ in a theme.... you get the idea

Solutions:

Think about Voil Caverns and that crazy bat summoning spell?
    Think about Surge being melee only?

Sceian is another matter... he's been mega forever and remains so. With Wings of Steel, a few bats out he can get uber HP. I've seen him at 90+ pretty early on.

Comment:
    Literally, every time I see bats - I have to resist the urge to just quit.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Seconded. Not even mentioning the 3 sources of voil caverns.

they have access to +20 hp thanks to banner+boost and wings of steel. Several Surge Units. a warcry unit. 2 bulwark Units.

Ridiculous amounts of summon spam

Nerf em sok. Nerf em hard

Qucas and Atherhog like this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I would generally agree that Voil are a strong deck right now.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Not specific to Voil, but Surge (primarily ranged Surge) will probably get phased out.

Woffleet and darklord48 like this.
  5. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

As long as that doesn't mean shoeboxing the champs who rely on it I'm glad to hear that.

Though in regard to Voil, they don't seem much stronger than the other top tier stuff. I think we should buff other themes instead of nerf the ones that are doing well.

4NIK8, Vorian, 19madfox95 and 4 others like this.
  6. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

/\ Yes This !

Vorian likes this.
  7. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Problem with buffing everything else is you get everyone complaining about powercreep.

Nerfs work, but we ALL need to be more careful about more than one nerf at a time.

Take Salaman - 2 different Nerfs at the same time and the impact is mega. Really, there should have been 1 Nerf to begin with. Easy to say in hindsight, but it's a lesson that needs to be learnt.

8. potatonuts

I'd rather people complained about powercreep than left the game all together because the theme they played got nerfed into the dirt.

9. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i dont think theres anything wrong with surge on a ranged unit. other factions / themes get access to spellswallower and adaptive which does a similar thing. 7 range jakei im thinking of you.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Skeezick, for example, don't summon little skeezies that also count towards surge, I think that's the main gripe with ranged surge.

11. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

oh if thats the issue then (i dont know much about voil), devs just nerf surge from voil ranged not everyfaction else.

12. potatonuts

I think replacing it with stuff like Flanking is what we will be seeing.