Arthropods/Sand is still bad

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Sealer0, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Word.

2. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

5 words, actually, and all of them true.

3. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I made a thread listing some changes to make the theme valuable

4. Sealer0

I saw it, but I thought that a complete redesign is not needed.

5. Woffleet

what do you think about my suggestion changes for the myx theme. I'm talking about removing race myx and adding improve damage to broodlords

6. Sealer0

I think myx is not a theme, but a race, and we should keep it at that. Improve damage on broodlord sounds like cool fix for lack of damage in sand bgs, but I'm not sure if adding a big buffer to such a tanky unit is the best idea.

I'd rather have sands other strenghts (mobillity, crowd control) expanded upon instead of simply adding boost/damage. I'll write a big post about it soonish with proposed changes.

7. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

All that does is make an expensive not really runderstand champ more expensive and still not really run.

Right now trying to run a myx bg is pure folly. They don't have range. Insex have as of this point basically assimilated myx into themselves and now myx are a module within an insex deck.

Insex aren't in a great place when it comes to range, but they are far better off than myx. And while insex could certainly still use some work, to imply that they are bad or somehow unrunnable seems disingenuous.

Insex as presently constituted can compete at the very top tiers of play. Are there bad match ups? Sure. But nothing insurmountable, with the possible exception of ghost, but that's an SL wide problem.

8. Sealer0

Maybe you can help me out then, cause I'm at a loss.

1. Are krikkinwing alphas and myx slashers key units of the insect bgs you are talking about?

2. Could you post a sample bg which is competitive at top levels of play?

I don't have many legendaries, although I do have every other arthropod/myx/sand rune in SL. I've tried making plenty of bgs based on insect/myx/sand and I didn't have much luck against other decks.

9. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I'll post my bg this evening. Kwing alphas are an important aspect to the bg, but the other central champ is the matriarch. between cocoon and imp speed she can boost something by 2 speed aND of course the pupae she poops.

10. Sealer0

I know the matriarch, but with how fast paced the game is I find it difficult to use cocoon efficiently. Frankly, any kind of early font contesting makes cocooning anything a risky move, unless it's in danger of dying, in which case it will die after the cocoon is done anyway.

Basically matriarch is great, but it's still 80 nora for a quite delayed effect apart from improve speed. And she's not doing anything on her own.

Other than that, I would love the sand them to be viable without having to rely on legendaries to do that.

Anima26 likes this.
  11. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

That's how myx has always played. Just stall it out and build up then overwhelm and power turn.

12. Woffleet

@MovnTarget
    I see your point. Myx broodlord is way to expensive to be given improve damage. What do you think about giving Myx slasher improve damage?
    I think it would work well since slasher is hidden and will be hard to take down.

13. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I am against giving themecentric abilities to LE's if at all possible.

Anima26 likes this.
  14. Woffleet

ok what about myx adamant? it would synergize well with clamp ad vigilance

15. Sealer0

What about no? Myx don't need more damage.

16. Woffleet

then what do they need?

17. Sealer0

Depends on who you ask. If you ask movintargt or burnpyro, they will say good range option.

As for me, I think the race supplements the sand decks fine with what it gives, and would rather see other aspects of sand buffed up instead. Fixing sandlions ambush to be 2 spaces would be good though, and more interaction with sand as well.

Woffleet likes this.
  18. Woffleet

thats another thing I suggested in my thread

19. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

20. Sealer0

Have you tried it without slashers and krikkin alphas?

It might be just me, but I would love to the sand/arthro theme to be good without 4x legendaries.

Also, how do you deal with having 10 2x2s in your deck? Last time I tried that my units stumbled upon each other, and playing on some maps was simply unbearable.

Edit: How useful do you find planar dissonance?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    Anima26 likes this.