Ascendant Necromancer // High Lich

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by kalasle, May 26, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Nora cost estimates are next to all abilities and stats. Channel Life can sure be strong, so the 3 cost might be aggressive there.

Ascendant Necromancer

"Ahh, to be young again..." Xulos

Total: 92-98-103

dmg 6 (-8)
    spd 7 (8)
    rng 4-6 (15)
    def 0 (0)
    hp 40 (35)

Attack: Magical
    Channel Life -- This unit loses 6 HP and gains 5 Max HP. AP1, CD1 (3)
    Death's Descent -- When this unit dies, it is instead relocated to your nearest deployment zone, Cleansed, Dispelled, and fully healed. It then loses this ability, gains Strength of Body, Boon of the Undead, and becomes permanently Defiled, Decaying, and Gored. (30)

u1
    Regen 3 (7) (base)
    Life Siphon (10)
    Revel in Misery (12)

u2
    Exertion 2 (2)
    Favor (8) (base)
    Repulsion (8)

My take on a resurrection mechanic. In life, the necromancer prepares, aiding how it can, biding its time. Once death takes it, that preparation pays off in a wave of terror and destruction, but it's rotting now and will bleed out its magic. I like the overlap of names and themes by giving it Boon, Decaying, and Defiled after it would die. Coupled with Regen as default, I think it really brings together the sense of irreversible rot.

Speaking of the death and rot, this unit only actually dies once, and doesn't respawn but instead relocates. It makes the unit interact differently with other effects -- mainly by making it more vulnerable to disruption -- but is necessary in order to have the necromancer preserve the additional HP in the transition to Lich. The Cleanse, Dispell, and full heal are a close simulation of a redeploy. An actual redeploy would erase the variable max HP bonus, as it's a hard reset. Would probably be a buggy nightmare to code.

Comments appreciated.