Aspect of Life Revamp

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I know the community generally is against random buffs to older champions but, in my opinion, Aspect of Life is due for an overhaul. This champion is meant to be one of the best healers in the game (and is) but just has too many sandbags and too high of a cost for a passive champion. In addition, Trail: Vegetation has very limited use on a passive champion and Boundless Vitality will never ever trigger if you use Charged Heal with any regularity (a design flaw, IMO). The following is a redesign of the champion that would take no additional coding and only a minor amount of "dev time" to accomplish.

[​IMG]
    Aspect of Life (Current Version)
    Stats: DMG: 0 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 43
    Abilities: Boundless Vitality, Charged Heal, Ethereal, Lay Hands 1, Supercharged, Trail: Vegetation
    UPI: Majestic 1, Majestic 2
    UPII: Heal Champion 1, Cleanse, Healing Breath 1
    Nora Cost: 79-91

[​IMG]
    Aspect of Life (Proposed Version)
    Stats: DMG: 0 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 44
    Abilities: Ethereal, Forest Front, Heal Champion 3, Healing Breath 1, Ripples
    UPI: Favor, Majestic 1, Majestic 2
    UPII: Augment Creation, Lay Hand 1, Nora Miner 2
    Nora Cost: 70-79 (Estimated)

This designs makes it so the Aspect of Life has one less ability overall, -1 SPD (since it doesn't need much AP to get its job done), and still is able to have a CD reducing ability (which is far more useful that Boundless Vitality). The first upgrade path gives the champion various ranks of Majestic or, alternatively, reduces the cost of KF's spells with Favor. The second upgrade path give some decent and expensive upgrades. Augment Creation helps hand out some much needed +DMG to KF champs. The second helps reduce the cost of the champion over time. The third gives a powerful heal, if the extra healing is needed. I think this champion will still be a considerable nora hit, tempo-wise, but could see play this way.

If you have a good idea for how to make the champion better, feel free to chime in!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I actually love this new version. Entirely. Ripples is great, majestic or favor is great, line 3 is great.
    It's just a shame that nothing you ever suggest seems to get done.
    :(

Cinder405 likes this.
  3. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Rune Name: Aspect of Life
    Faction: KF
    Race: Spirit, Class: Demi-God, Size: Small, Rarity: Legendary
    Artwork: Same
    Flavor-Text: She moved through the Seared Forest. With each step, flowers sprouted from the ground, leaving a beautiful trail behind her. The trees, once charred, began to pulse with new life. As the aspect ventured forward, she left behind a growing forest.
    Nora Cost: 77-81

Champion Stats
    DAM: 0, SPD: 6, RNG: 1, DEF: 0, HP: 43 (+29 nora)

Champion Abilities
    Cleansing Aura (+10 aura)
    Ethereal (+0 nora)
    Forest Front (+4 nora)
    Nature's Balance (+15 nora)
    Regeneration 3 (+7 nora)
    Transfer Life 2 (+6 nora)

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Relieve (+2 nora)
    Extinguish (+6 nora)
    Ripples (+6 nora)

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Spellsurge Naturalize (+4 nora)
    Spellsurge Nature's Wrath (+4 nora)
    Spellsurge Petrichor (+4 nora)

4. Xirone

Could be cool but probably no new abilities, even if those abilities would be easy to code.

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I would love ripples so much on her, but may be slightly too strong.

Edit: Sorry misread - didn't realise you removed lay on hands.

I would adore this version so much, but still may be too strong.

6. Xirone

Yeah, Ripples is strong. I wish there were another ability like it but less powerful. There is Recharge but that would make her a Charge based champion again. Supercharged 2 and Recharge would do the trick as well, I suppose, though it kind of clutters the champ up.

super71 and Tweek516 like this.
  7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yeah exactly. This might get looked at though when sok overhauls charged based champs (pls @Sokolov )

8. Shakuhachi

Shakuhachi New Member

Nice, lets over power it! (nod nod nod)

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Ripples seems like it would break her lol even if she is just a healer.

10. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

As always great designs. Let's make it happen.

11. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Sorry for sorta raising this, but @Xirone you always make these so good.

@Sokolov please? D:

12. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

@Xirone id actually love to have either amplify healing on base or at least on an upgrade slot. Im actually surprised KF hasnt got this yet. Maybe better as a upgrade choice, if you run lots of healing then you could upgrade it.

13. Xirone

I think healing in general is going to be getting some nerfs soon so it might be wise to table this until after those changes take place. Who would want Aspect of Life to finally get a buff only to see the abilities it was buffed with be changed to something else.

As for Amplify Healing, a case could definitely be made for why that ability would fit on Aspect of Life. I'm pretty sure some would rage, though, especially when other healing is nerfed. Also, Amplify Healing is dangerous because it helps your opponent as well. Still, it would be nice as an upgrade.

14. Xirone

Just in case, here's one new idea....

[​IMG]
    Aspect of Life
    DMG: 0| SPD: 5 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 45
    Base Abilities- Font Ignorance, Forest Front, Ghost, Heal Champion 2, Heal Mass 2, Majestic 1
    Upgrade Path I- Nora Miner 2 | Augment Creation | Bastion of Mobility
    Upgrade Path II- Amplify Healing | Healing Breath 2 | Lay Hands
    Nora Cost Estimate: 69-74

This version of the champion will become a Ghost, which it was originally before it was given Ethereal. To protect against just sitting in a font like other Ghost champions, this one has Font Ignorance. The maximum amount of healing it can do has been lessened but it also loses some of its many sandbags. The champion is not so cheap that it won't be a tempo hit but is more economical than its current version.

dsjtheman and Tweek516 like this.
  15. Xirone

Bumping because Aspect of Violence, Aspect of Chaos, and Aspect of Death are all pretty darn useful and allowed to make good use of their charge mechanic. Aspect of Life should either be able to make use of its ability or maybe be redesigned. I'm aware some of the other Aspects could use some love, too.

Tweek516 likes this.