Assessing Creepers (aka Wurmz!)

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Entrepidus, Aug 18, 2014.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Initial play has some pretty interesting things for worms/anthropods. Dusk Creeper looks like a linch pin with lots of options now.

2. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

So what would a split ADD to worms, thematically, besides Implant?
    No worms in other factions have Necrosis...

3. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

The change to Necrosis makes Necro Hex (somewhat) viable as they aren't at risk of shrinking SDZ after death. The spell could use a combat-oriented buff, but at least now I won't feel like I'm wasting a slot by choosing to run one.

4. yobanchi

Necro Hex basically becomes a tool for split I think since it will be a lot slower in splits to build.

In FF the zone now reliably builds at a good clip, enough to splash either a few non-nerosis champs for surprises.

Will be very interested in how you take the bgs.

SP has some good spells and worms while UD has superior anthropods as well.
    SL I'm unsure of.

5. Entrepidus

The appeal of SL is gaining access to damage-based powerturn spells. Once I've finished posting in the other faction forums, I'll put together some sample BGs of what I had in mind for each mix.

6. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

7. yobanchi

@XFurionsX Nerf calls on witches and worms incoming.

8. XFurionsX

I got to give it to you yobanchi, pretty nice work on creeps bro.

9. XFurionsX

Have someone try worms after revamp? i've won the first game and since then lost like 12 the legendary one are still very expensive and is i try to deploy the cheaper ones until i can take full advantage with the martyrs.

10. Entrepidus

I will be over the coming week. I played a few games with Fairies, first, to get my initial thoughts down but will be alternating between the two. I'll transition to the ST Crystal theme after that once folks have figured out what direction they want to take it over in the ST forums. My playtesting will be more effective if I know what the end-goal is for them.

XFurionsX likes this.
  11. XFurionsX

Siege is not working in worms, can somoone try them out it is just me?

12. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

I think Siege was eliminated from the Worms

13. yobanchi

siege seems to be working for me... will test some more to confirm

14. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Is it built into Necrosis for I don't see it on any of the champs or the nor in the text
    oh
    Its in the Worm Lord ability

15. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Any suggestions on a worms deck with the changes?

16. Entrepidus

Start with the Final BG I have linked in the OP, but drop the Titan as the cost increases remove any doubt that he isn't worth the slot. Add or remove Worms based on what you enjoy playing and experiment with any non-worms that appeal to you. I'm hoping to get some test games in this evening and will post a set of updated BGs at that time.

17. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Im working on getting worms together, they look decent now. My only question is why is putrid creeper so expensive with very little offense? He doesnt seem tanky enuff to warrant the cost

18. Entrepidus

Prior to the recent Necrosis tweak, he had three different sandbag abilities. Now he still has one with Worm Lord up in the air until I see how effective it is with a more reliable SDZ. In other words, he should be 10-15 Nora cheaper or needs more appropriate abilities.

19. Godfrog

Godfrog The King of Potatoes

I'm trying Wurmz now. So far, I'm having fun. All I need is one more Blinking Creeper to have my Worm Army assembled and then I'll be happy.

20. yobanchi

I'm finding worms pretty even viable with some non-Necrosis champs thrown in for surprise for late game shenanigans (bile zombie boom!).

Yes there are still some very expensive creeps out there namely the colossus, blinking creeper, and bloodworm.

Mindthief creeper and Putrid creeper suffer from odd abilities that could use a change but they are still somewhat playable.

Putrid has the chance to be a 4 def tough 3 champ which is pretty good later in the game.
    I feel like a better option for him would be to reduce his speed to 5 and give him back shrine defender instead of Revel in Misery.
    Revel is what's eating up most of his cost.

Mindtheif is a bag of bad abilities and either needs a MUCH higher rank of reflection or just something else.