Assessing Creepers (aka Wurmz!)

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Entrepidus, Aug 18, 2014.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I tried it out for a bit decided, it was unfun and have mosty dismantled the bg. I am still really liking witches though and am looking forward to trying out other FW bgs.

Godfrog, I have an extra blinking creeper for trade now!

2. Godfrog

Godfrog The King of Potatoes

Sweet. What you want?

3. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

i like the current creep mechanics.

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

acid elemental to race elemental/worm

Netherzen and TheBulwark like this.
  5. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

I honestly would love if they stopped with the whole creeper thing and instead focused on lichs skellys zombies and witches.. creepers have been a dead slot for so long and I really dont identify them with FW

6. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

The worm bonus goes well with death benefit and long games that fw playstyle encourages.It also provides synergy for some non worms,such as bile zombie or short lived champions.
    Its fine not liking a theme but its not really fair to say:i don't like it,don't work on it.Other people like it and would like to see it develop.
    I think all themes should be worked on and developed more,whatever i like one more then the other.

Entrepidus likes this.
  7. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Is someone actually playing worms except Yobanchi and me?

8. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I think iv seen few other players play worms now and then.
    I like to watch you guys play and support you in spirit.

Edit:You guys could also post the worm bgs you use,if it looks decent,maybe some people will try it out.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  9. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Tried it, got rolled, never went back.

I love the idea of worms but most of the champs are so overcosted and weak in general.

10. PharumM

PharumM Member

does necro hex even work ?!

11. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Are you asking if it is bugged?

12. PharumM

PharumM Member

Never Mind i already figured it out it isint buged it just work in a more stelthy manner than i would anticipated

never the less i do feel that worms are absolutly underpowered
    Are there any news on any improvements on the worms ?!
    Championa both art and sprites are quite awesome thay are realy creepy and idea behind mechanic is pure awesomness
    but champions and lack of spell support for them is astounding
    Does any1 know of any news considering worms and upgrades redones reinventions buffs additionals ?! i would realy much like to play creepers on the same level as other FW "themes"

13. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

It has been mentioned that themes will be getting more individual attention down the road after Sokolov spends time addressing global issues that aren't unique to any specific theme. This is why I haven't updated this thread recently as the patching cycle has changed. Some of that work is already in the works (see his threads in General) and it's only a matter of time before Worms get some attention :)

14. XFurionsX

They are not top tier, but i can get limited rank with them pretty easily, so, they are not THAAAT bad.

15. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'm hopeful that a lot of synergy will be added to the champs during the theme review.

They could definitely use some non-champion support but I think the main issue is the current amount of synergy abilities on the set of units.

Entrepidus likes this.
  16. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I'm sorry, but this statement doesn't hold much weight unless you intentionally tanked your rating to the bottom, then worked your way back up to limited. Even then, certain meta BGs and themes will beat you (Worms) nine times out of ten. Worms just aren't equipped to handle certain setups, yet.

There's also the fact that with the ups and downs of the player base, conveniently timed play sessions, queue dodging and all other manner of shenanigans would allow you to take anything to limited.

Worms are that bad, but, hopefully, not for long ;)

17. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

One thing that I've noticed especially when playing two verse two although I know two verse two is broken is that we might have to watch the penalty for non-necrosis champion deploy
    Four instance if all the worms are made more synergistic and playable we might need to add A harsher penalty for non-worm deploy

18. XFurionsX

I guess we can try, right now i'm rare, but the thing is i don't have time to play much pox as i used to. :oops::oops:

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Just don't make them that synergistic. Hyperbolic power systems are already prevalent in Pox, they don't need to grow.

20. XFurionsX

upload_2015-2-15_8-9-35.png

Done, from rare league to limited, i was driving mad because im not used to play one theme everysinglegame but there you go, they are not thaaaaat bad.

Attached Files: