Attrition anyone?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by limone1981, Dec 26, 2016.

1. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Can someone post an example for an attrition bg?

is the lim Spirit really necessary ?

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Haven't run it in a while, and it's an experimental list, but should give a vague idea of how I'd do it:

upload_2016-12-26_17-45-25.png

3. limone1981

interesting choices...so no Vengeful module?

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No, I'm not a huge fan. The deck should probably run Serkan and another Yard, but I wanted to test out the AoE spells gameplan, which work ok. Serkan is the most Vengeful I would run, though.

limone1981 likes this.
  5. limone1981

IMG_4095.PNG I'm gonna give a try to this bg when i'll be home later

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If you run 1 Essence Devourer, you should be running 2 Essence Devourers. You don't need both Librarian and Bird.

7. limone1981

is the Bird working now? also 2 x Essence Devourer do they proc the same turn taking away 1 unit or 2 unit or do they proc alternate?

8. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

This is currently what i play thats kinda attrition based

Attached Files:

limone1981 likes this.
  9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You don't deploy them at the same time. You have one GY out, and you have 1 Ed out at all times. Play aggressively with it and get kills. As soon as one dies, drop the other. Cycle like that.

guokamoli54 and limone1981 like this.
  10. Ioden

Ioden The King of Potatoes

What would be core FW attrition cards? I'll be doing a FS/FW Tortun attrition (mainly nora attrition). The Guide I'm going off is fairly outdated by now.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Split FW attrition looks pretty different from FF FW attrition. Wandering Zombie and UT are probably still core.

12. Ioden

Ioden The King of Potatoes

Aye, probably will add some Bile Zombies, Maleficia/Sarinda for Dark Healing or just a skull of decay, Soul Collector to combine with Boker's Cursed Treasure and Tariff, Stitched Librarian and Xulos for Dark Favor/Grace of the dead combo when used in Split faction decks. Just need enough for fill out the 15 required, unless I'm running x2 Risen Grenadier x2 Tortun Boker.

13. limone1981

My attrition is more a goodstuff FW right now: put some decent ranged champs (even the Lich king at 88 nora ) went away from Essence Devourer stuff (too much for a melee setup for me) put a Vendetta (usually on High Warlock using also the old Ravish with the Death Guard and triggering the Death Nova too).

For now worse faction to face is UD with BE (seems that everyone uses Ud and runs 2x so even with spot Dispel 2 BE at the same time is resource consuming)and KF with thousands of illusions ( I really get overwhelmed by the illusions blocking my road and wasting ap and nora)

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This feels both contradictory and bad. Why would you put in more Vengeful just as you take out the best Vengeful tools? And as for the setup -- no, you pay 10 nora in setup. 10 nora. That is nothing. Maybe you have to drop Tome as the game goes on, but that's something you should want to do anyway. I think that the Ed package is good enough to be in almost every FW deck; it should be auto-include in any attrition deck.

UD should honestly be a fairly easy matchup. I think one of the strengths of FW right now is how well they fare against UD rush. Drop Wandering Zombies, chill in fonts, kill their stuff dead. Don't deploy your ranged champs, ever. And run Essence Devourer. UD hates getting out-mauled in melee.

For KF, just get Tomb out early, and deploy aura champs like Afflicted Corpse (which you should certainly be running at 1x at minimum). Your current list is way too top heavy.

15. limone1981

problem with UD is Boundless ENtushiasm,only that...not even the Leap is just only the Portal Dancer buff that is crazy, today I've faced 5 players all with 2x BE and most of them were running it in the same turn!

I have to rethink about the Yard + Devourer thing...and I dropped the Tome already

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, it's a rough spell to handle. The strategic matchup favors FW a lot, though: plays low-curve aggro, and FW attrition usually builds to a mid-low bulge (unless it's a super greedy list). So FW wants to play to a low resource game for a long time, and UD wants to force a low-resource game for a short time, but it's really hard to close out a game against FW's dorks like Afflicted and Wandering Zombie without range.

DiCEM0nEY and limone1981 like this.
  17. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

U might as well run a boost option for the Skellies, no?

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

[​IMG]

This is my current attrition deck. Stalls out UD well enough with hungry dead and wandering zombies. Able to out smack them if i manage to get my ED graveyard combo early (make sure you set up around Seism cause they're all running seige monger)

Always establish meat on the board before even dreaming of deploying serkan. Deploy xulos when ever dark favor will deliver the most benefit

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Talk to me about your rune choices -- Haunting Spirit still doing enough? Festering Wounds worth its weight? Why the Vendetta for only Xulos, when you could run Statue?

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Honestly forgot about statue.
    Festering Wounds has won me a handful of games tbh. Useful as a anti heal but global 10 damage across 2 rounds is pretty good.
    Haunting spirit is only 33 nora so i shouldn't expect it to have a massive impact like it did in the past.but without magic damage it can be pretty annoying and is great harassment thanks to latch on

Yobanchi is just a big efficiency buff with augment and great anti summon capabilities plus stalling with hex and bone prison. Oblivion shield also makes it slightly difficult to remove it from fonts at times