Aura's

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Mannfreid2, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Mannfreid2

Mannfreid2 New Member

So, I'm playing with some things I want in my deck. And a couple of them have aura's. Flame aura, Acid aura, and so on. Do these aura's damage friendly champions as well?

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

3. Mannfreid2

Mannfreid2 New Member

well damn. Hmmmm... I will have to take that into account then.

Also, sorry for the double post. Net hickupped on me.

4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Don't let the friendly damage fool you, auras are a really important part of the game and a key ingredient to a competitive deck (I would actually prioritize it higher than anti-equipment right now). Auras are pretty consistent sources of damage (don't have to worry about defense, block/dodge, oblivion shield, or reflexes/evasive), they can damage multiple enemies if they are bunched up, and they don't cost your champs any AP. The most important thing about auras is that it counters perserverence, which is a very strong ability. Perserverence lets your opponent's dude survive for an extra turn after it loses all its health, meaning it can attack you, contest, heal up, or be sacrificed/retributioned.

Many games are decided when one player attempts to kill an enemy and fails, so auras are essential. You just have to be careful about parking your champions too close together (which you want to avoid in most cases anyway since it makes them easy targets for area damage spells).

5. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

aura's (mainly fire aura) can also heal the (fire) eaters, orb of protection and (fire) acolites; acid aura on rust demon deals damage to Kzlik to create spiderlings and there will be more where it is beneficial to deal damage to your own units.