Axeraiser's Council Chamber.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, Oct 8, 2014.

1. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

I think the ability still needs to hit a life %, or cost a lot more (or both). Compare it to Decapitating Blow, cost-wise and consider that a rune would have to have 80 health for Decapitating Blow able to kill something with 20 hp. Why not make it a Decapitating Blow clone with charge range for uhh Decapitating Blow's cost + 1? Or just give him Decap. Blow...

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Ride Down:
    Increase CD for sure. 3-4 though I would err on the side of higher CD. If we try to focus on lowering the power of the ability I feel like it will become "useless" so I think it would be wise to make it usable less often as opposed to less powerful. I also think that the ability needs to be fixed so that it is block-able. Either by impeding terrain or by other units similar to charge. This adds counter-play through positioning. If these changes prove to not be enough then we can talk about toning down the overall power of the ability.
    FoB:
    The rune itself is in a bit of an odd area. Stat wise he isn't all that over the top but Tough and Resilient makes it very easy to abuse other abilities and spells to make him very hard to kill. I would suggest either moving Resilient to Upgrade Tree A instead of Tough 1 or Tough 3 depending on what people want or reducing its base Defense by 1. If we move Resilient it opens up a slot on Upgrade Tree B for something flavorful. We have to be careful though FoB is a rune that has been in the spotlight for a long time. People will be critical of any change.

3. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Stickied the thread for you, so it doesn't get buried.

Axeraiser likes this.
  4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

But, I want to bury it. It's like a time capsule but with a dwarf body. That's always fun!

5. MentalMoles

/e Smashes imagirl over the head with a hammer!

sassquatch likes this.
  6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

/e cries.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

/e pretendz not tu b a boi on interwebs

BurnPyro likes this.
  8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Ride down needs to be mechanically fixed so that it mirrors the restrictions and movement of charge, then it should have its threshold set at 15 or 25%.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Never once have I said I was a Girl, I am a Girl. G.I.R.L typing the periods irritate me. Acronym trolling. The lazy way. ;)

10. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Just be careful with FoB. If all suggestions go thru its literally 5 nerfs. So fix the bugs first.. make it not teleport execute...so we can actually see how the champ was intended to be.

11. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Edited OP , looking for suggestions on font bonus.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Tough 1 for 4 turns?

Relics cannot be placed in font.

13. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Yet.

It's all a matter of time really.

Markoth likes this.
  14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Preventing opponent relics from being deployed inside is a popular one. I think the idea in the OP is a good one but rune the risk of being a "better version of UD's".

15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

preventing opposing relics from being deployed in your fonts would keep IS fonts among the better. it might be a lateral, although it's really hard to actually tell as i don't think there's been a worthwhile mechanic like that in the game yet

i'd be interested to see it, but have a backup plan ready if it's what you push for i'd say

16. MentalMoles

Mhmm, i'd love to see how this would affect the game. It would be a brand new mechanic

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Flip side of the same coin would be "It costs 1 extra AP for an opponent to first enter a captured IS font."

Don't prevent relic deploys so there won't be any new mechanics but it could help with early rushes if your opponent doesn't have a relic. Or force the opponent to spend the Nora if he wants to contest that badly. Also eventually they can program in a kickass little miniature wall that appears around the font.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The relic idea is good but the extra ap idea is kinda weird.

19. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Yeah I like the relic suggestion too, il see what the other Council members think.

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It will help with getting overan by faster champions. The only thing that makes SP slower than IS is the fact that they have tons of Moga slowing down the average, otherwise, we are by far the slowest. I've got decks with 5.7 avg speed and the meta norm is somewhere around 6.6.