Axeraiser's Council Chamber.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

2. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Wouldn't you rather see the nerf to the font so that we can have faster champions in the future ?

3. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

But change the font in what?
    I heard someone yesterday who said that the new font bonus would be something like "no relic in the font deployment zone"

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

No, if I wanted a faster faction. I would play KF. Play styles make each faction unique, and bright. IS is supposed to be slow. Simply setting the +1ap to 6 speed, or lower keeps the factions playstyle, and toning down some of the issue champs. I still say that most of the 7spds in IS need to be looked at in a wider view.

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- dorfs are fat and slow...dat flavor

6. JaceDragon

have only 6 spd in a faction is a great handicap. Ok +1 ap for take the font faster, then? i stay with a 10ap cap for the rest of the game, mmm not a good trade imo

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

If ya don't like it try another faction. That is how IS was/is supposed to be played. That is their original playstyle. I am not saying they didn't have 7spds, it was just excessively rare. Slow build up, crush anything in their wake. That is their playstyle. To change an entire factions playstyle, just because you don't like to be slow is not a good thing. They traded their speed for their inherit tankyness.

EDIT: IS was also one of the main sources of AP gen back in the day. Plenty of Drive, Warcry, and a few Accure champs. You still have souces of AP, it is just not as great as it is for other factions.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  8. JaceDragon

dude i play IS since 2008 so i guess to know what the faction is supposed and used to be.
    But in nowadays games, too much6 spd champs can mean you lose. Not necessary, but can.

However i'm ok with a change of the nora font bonus, but only when artic will change too.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Arctic supposedly changed already. However it's bugged to hell so its getting the new, and its old benefits while on fonts/shrine. I hope Moles can get to soon.

10. JaceDragon

realy? how can i missed this o_O

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Its true. Arctic lost ready in the text but in some cases are still gaining ready. I believe it is only champs deployed from the shrine but I could be wrong.

12. JaceDragon

indeed i did few games and i still saw it, glad to see it gone, hope in a quick fix, and ready to see a new font bonus

13. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I'm not opposed to a change to the font bonus. However I don't want to see us gimped right now for a hypothetical compensation in future champ design that realistically won't be able to carry the faction.

The 'no enemy relic can be played in a deployment zone' bonus has some merit. However it does not give any substantial bonus to the shrine zone. What if the clause champs deployed at the shrine gain shrine defender for 4 turns. (Or however long it is that the sp spell resist bonus lasts). At least this will still not gimp us at capping that first font with a temporary bonus.

14. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

And the only map that makes that bonus even remotely useful beyond first turn capping is the tiny fw island map.

15. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

It is never giving the new bonus ( +1 dmg iirc ) but it is still giving ready when on snow in the font or out of it. It no longer is working on ice so they got half of it, maybe they can get the rest and actually give the new bonus also with the next patch. St also got a champ boosted to 7 spd in the same patch something that would be much harder to justify with the old arctic. More on topic with the rest of the thread, I mainly play a bg with angels and spirits I've seen some talk about improving the aspect and the archangel if both of those happen I'm a happy man.

16. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

faster champs in the "future" sounds like obamacare or something come on Axe you're the last person i expected to be swayed by this

17. Axeraiser

Bear in mind the maps are being rebalanced, like right now. The change isn't going to gib us by the time it goes through, since its likely to go through with the map rebalance patch. And this change allows us to have stronger rune designs in the future, 6 speeders won't be a big issue but id rather not see us get too many 5 speeders in the future as they are the real problem.

18. Axeraiser

I don't see us getting many 7 speeders , but Id rather we didn't get any more 5 speeders, its too much of a disadvantage since most of them tend to be support runes but they never have enough AP to use their abilities let alone attack, its sort of a design flaw imo.

19. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- This brings up an issue I was talking about forever ago. Support abilities need to have their AP cost looked at currently and in the future planned for when considering 5 speed units. They often have to move before using their support ability making it very easy for your opponent to neutralize your support. Shatter, heal champs etc

- That's not even considering if they need to attack once in awhile which totally debilitates their support AP. Some Support abilities could simply just have CD's longer instead of high AP usages and CD's dependent on balancing issues of course.

20. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

two thumbs up