Back to poxing, need some info.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Will, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Will

Will New Member

Hello everybody, old timer here who used to play in poxnora's early times, much before the event some called "the catastrophe" I will not speak further of :)

I can see this game has progressed quite a bit, and seeing it on steam now makes this my main doubt I haven't found an answer to elsewhere:

Is it possible to purchase Owl Credits (that is to say, rune packs) from your Steam wallet? And if so, how?

Other than that, I have some curiosities.

- Is making a full faction or half faction deck still mandatory, the way it used to be? before that I remember you could put any rune you wanted in your deck to make a varied or "circus" deck, as they used to call it. Some were pretty effective and fun, I resent the day full faction became a necessity.

-Did Desert Owl ever decide to put some old limited edition runes available again? Like diplomats, elven mage, skeleton rider, avenging angel (I go by memory here)?

-What's a Pox Harby worth these days? I have a couple, KF and FW I think (I remember a time when you could have one for 2-5 Lich Kings, which was one of the most OP runes back then. Heh. Good times.)
    I don't want to trade it, I'm just curious.

-If I wanted to get runes from older expansions (I left after Skeezick Rebellion so everything is pretty much new to me) what are my chances? Are they, like, super rare now?

- What are some things I absolutely need to know to play or trade again, in your opinion? :)

Thanks everyone and happy poxing.

Wraith likes this.
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Nothing, for a returning player, has really changed unless you need runes (sorry didn't read, too long). The sharding system might help with that if you've got a hoard of worthless runes.

Otherwise, bugs are still present and you just need to introduce yourself to the new imbalances rather than the old ones.

Make sure you look at runes carefully before you throw them in a deck, droves of them were gutted, and I'm talking flavor, not just power.

Aside from that the idea of progress is present, results are coming at a snails pace (no, not one named Turbo)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

you are just in time a new expansion is coming out soonTm hopefully by next week it will be released

4. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Hello everybody, old timer here who used to play in poxnora's early times, much before the event some called "the catastrophe" I will not speak further of :)

I can see this game has progressed quite a bit, and seeing it on steam now makes this my main doubt I haven't found an answer to elsewhere:
    Is it possible to purchase Owl Credits (that is to say, rune packs) from your Steam wallet? And if so, how?

No idea on this, steam version doesnt work well for me

Other than that, I have some curiosities.

- Is making a full faction or half faction deck still mandatory, the way it used to be? before that I remember you could put any rune you wanted in your deck to make a varied or "circus" deck, as they used to call it. Some were pretty effective and fun, I resent the day full faction became a necessity.

Full or split is mandatory for ranked but I believe circus is allowable most other places. Circus would be beyond broken if it was allowed in ranked. There are already enough OP combos and runes floating around in the current meta.

-Did Desert Owl ever decide to put some old limited edition runes available again? Like diplomats, elven mage, skeleton rider, avenging angel (I go by memory here)?

Desert Owl has made it very clear they are not re-releasing ANY Limited Edition runes. However they have made legendary versions of many of them in order to allow access to the masses. Harbs however they have stated that they will never even make a legendary version. Also Diplomats are legendary not limited and drop with skirmishes so they are super easy to get. Not sure if they use to be limited.

-What's a Pox Harby worth these days? I have a couple, KF and FW I think (I remember a time when you could have one for 2-5 Lich Kings, which was one of the most OP runes back then. Heh. Good times.)
    I don't want to trade it, I'm just curious.

Check Poxbox.net cash store to see harb worth. They are worth a ton. If you ever feel the need to lose that KF harb, let me know and maybe we can make a deal ;)

-If I wanted to get runes from older expansions (I left after Skeezick Rebellion so everything is pretty much new to me) what are my chances? Are they, like, super rare now?

Older expansions are the easiest runes to get. They drop freely from skirmish matches and you can buy them with gold. Also like @Baskitkase stated, there is a forge system that uses shards to help you find exactly what you need.

- What are some things I absolutely need to know to play or trade again, in your opinion? :)

Limited Edition runes are SUPER valuable so always use caution when trading them. If unsure of value, Poxbox.net cash store is a decent way to gauge their price (not the trade store section).

Thanks everyone and happy poxing.

5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

@Will , Xezno forgot the first part of your last question, so I'll say: to play again you need to know what's strong right now, or at least - for people like me - exactly what you want to build.

If you wish to be competitive just watch some games with limited players, even if a player sucks his BG certainly doesn't. I was happy yesterday because I saw 2 great players using a very low amount of exos/no legs or lims and destroying lots of people. So it's up to knowing what you want from your BG is the main step, but it's always been like that.

A more concrete advice is watch games and talk to people(some people do talk) so you can find your own path. Then you can test with stuff that don't take too much of your credits, because failing with something expensive just to lose value isn't really an option(at least not for poor people like me).

Anyways, welcome back, if you need any info feel free to PM me in game(same IGN), if I don't answer it's because I'm afk, I dont ignore people.

6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

If you use cash store values when it comes down to trading you will almost instantly be listed as a shark and/or scammer, so I would ignore that advice.

7. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

You forgot the part about what you would use to gauge value instead. For out of stock limited runes, you can't go by the regular trade value since most of them are super low value according to pb and hints why there are almost no limited runes in Poxbox besides those for sale. So to a player coming back who has no idea what runes are worth, what advice would you give to help them navigate the shark infested waters?

DarkJello likes this.
  8. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I was about to ask the same as Xezno did, so this is kind of a bump.

Also I did a laughing facepalm at your signature. Don't kill mw's dream you monsters :(

9. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I'm someone who asks for double the value of what they are getting because im basically that guy who you would go to when you're desperate or cannot be bothered looking (Aka a shark). So if you want to find a healthy balance between getting a good deal and not being listed as a shark I would go for 50% additional to what they are recieving if they are receiving out of stock runes. So for example if they getting 400k worth of out of stock runes then you should aim to get around 600k value.

Also this isn't a general rule but I generally don't trade Limited Edition runes for anything other than a Limited Edition rune due to everything else being forgeble in the near future. But asking for $80-60 worth of runes for a 150k rune is literally Michalleo level sharking due to most high end runes being worth double what they should be in the cash store.

As for Poxbox having low LE stock thats due to Decondor hoarding them all. I constantly trade in LE runes that he has 6 of in his cash store and never before have I seen those runes go into the trader or cash store, they simply just vanish.

10. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Great to see a old timer returning to pox. For your question about using your Steam Wallet. You can use your Steam Wallet to make purchases, but it has to be done through the Game Client on Steam. First you have to make sure Steam overlays are enabled.

Right click on Pox Nora in your Steam Games Library and click on Properties. Make sure the "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game" check-box is enabled.

Then you click on the Marketplace button. If you don't see the Marketplace button you may need to disable the tutorial by going into the Options and select Skip Tutorial.

You can then go to Buy Credits on the Marketplace and all purchases will be done with your Steam Wallet.

11. Will

Will New Member

Thanks Senshu, this is just great, I'll be sure to try it out.

Thanks all others as well, I will bother you soon with other dumb questions should the need arise :)