Backlash/Soultap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nora That, Mar 11, 2015.

1. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

I play a blacklashtap bg. And here is what I think. It is very weak early game, you have to give up the mid font in a lot of cases and hope to come back from it. It is also weak versus heavy range because they will poke you to death or all the way back (losing more fonts). Before you can get a good setup going.

So it is pretty strong late game, but not better than others, I lose to witches almost all the time, when I get my setup going their setup out classes mine.
    Things that make we win games sometimes are people who makes the giant mistake of deploying nora gen. Top favourite unholy tomb.

Something that is pretty bonkers though is the fact that soultap garnet is permanent. Mind wanna change that to 10 turns or so.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

why not just make backlash not stack?

3. WhatTheHex

Because that would kill the theme.

4. Alakhami

Not really. I rarely even use 2 backlash units when I play firk.

5. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

There are more factions with backlash units and splits. FS has a very strong backlash micro module but Firk is not a "true" backlash bg.

6. Alakhami

Eh, whatever. Kill the theme then.

7. WhatTheHex

Frist off you can't just deploy your champs. Pox doesn't work like that. It requires a big setup for a backlash deck to be effective like I stated before. It is a late game attrition deck. That gets out classed by other late game / attrition decks like witches (not by zombies though I beat those everytime). Also raging like a **** doesn't really get your point across keep that in mind for your next thread.

Second, if I apply my 3 turn soultap debuff with my psychic anguish, it will never end if I put a defiling spinel down ? I Don't think this is right. But I also don't think this is how it works.

8. Mausini

To be honest... backlack bgs where stronger pre revamp.

Why? Because almost all runnable ranged champs lost Soultap. It is much harder now to apply a long running Soultap condition without spending additional nora for deploying gems.
    This makes it much harder to survive early and mid game and get your bg running.

Psy Anguish is not a big problem. There is only on backlash/soultap tick per psy attack. You can build aggressive soultap decks around it with soulfeast champs (still buggy).

9. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

What if Soultap gave nora to the person whose unit is affected by it?

10. Mausini

And why would this be a good idea?

11. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

My ideas are almost never good, but I have fun throwing them around and imagining stuff.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

that's not true, firk mindcaller has ability that if a champ is damaged with psy it is immediately soultapped, also leviathan the moment you attack him you're soultapped. It is in fact easier to soultap after revamp

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

for 3 turns.

JellyBerry, Ohmin and Mausini like this.
  14. Mausini

It is easier to soultap something for 3 turns. Thats a huge difference in damage and playstyle.

Edit: rounds to turns. Always mixing these two :)

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Turns, actually, as @SPiEkY said. A whole 3 rounds would be something else, but 3 turns provides a single tick of Soultap.

JellyBerry, Ohmin, WhatTheHex and 2 others like this.
  16. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

I don't know where you get the raging part from, obviously you haven't seen me rage. Anyways, you said you can't just deploy champs... I don't know what game you are playing but pox must not be it. It takes nothing to get backlash going with FS/FW split. If you'd like I msg me in game and I'll use that bg and show you that it takes absolutely NOTHING but one psychic attack on a champ and he is soultapped. Mindcaller, Leviathan, shadestrikers, the relics are cheap so when you're out of nora to summon a champ you can ALWAYS summon at least one relic adding on to the soultapping, by the time you kill a relic your 1st 3-4 champs are soutapped, and already taking damage from backlash. It is simply brainless and again I don't say this lightly Stupid

17. flash88

flash88 Member

Backlash champions have a 44 medium hp and are very weak, if your bg have range and cleanse you win a backlash bg without problem.
    Also this is a bg with bad range.
    I think maybe should be a good idea remove the nora gen but not the dmg.

18. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

All 3 points I agree with.

Alakhami likes this.
  19. WhatTheHex

Well not really raging but the way you type.

You start of your thread with a nerf cry while you “@thedevelopper”.

Then you type this

“are you serious? a DOT? one can make a FULL bg of backlash champs and all they have to do is soultap you once and a defiling spinnel and no cleanse AND you take 2 dmg for each champ with backlash. This is NOTHING like a DoT this is stupid OP”

“key champs? meaning you'd have to kill EVERY champ your opponent has. FW/FS FULL backlash every champ has it, the brainless thing here is this stupid combo .”

Using caps, brainless, stupid, etc. You look pretty angry here, just lost to it probably and you were tilt venting. (Seriously the worst timing to start a thread, you didn’t make a good cohesive post, no strings attached nothing. Just “THIS IS OP” grumble, grumble grumble.)

Now I want to know if I soultap your champ for 3 turns will it be permanent after I defile you? No right?

With saying that you just can't deploy champs I obviously ment that you need to deploy multiple champs before your setup gets powerful. And you can't do that. The game has to go on for awhile before it starts kicking in. And with every champ you lose your setup takes a hit in the sack. You have to decide wether to play with a font less and try to make a comeback later or to go for it and potentially lose a chunk of your damage source.

And brainless really? I have no idea what faction you play but straight up good stuff meta isn't even brainless. It's as brainless as it gets but it is still not brainless.

Oh and please do me a favor and hit Poxbattle master with the deck. The deck (I run) gets ruined by a strong early game and good spot removal.

SPiEkY and Alakhami like this.
  20. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It's the Luminescence ability in general, thus also Crystal Crawler (and of course any Nora Gem units that pick it up from either).