Backlash/Soultap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nora That, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

Ok. This isht is seriously broken, it only takes for you to summon champs and relics and BAM free win.
    @Sokolov .. For cerial man, can we do something about this ridonkulously stupid combo.
    And IF anyone knows how to counter this and or fight it, please enlighten me.

2. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

3. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

kill their dudes

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Compare it to some other DoT. Treat it the same way.

5. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

I dont know, others dot can be "block" via tough, enduring aura,etc. Soultap and backlash are lost of life effect, i think the best way its cleasing aura... Also backlash should damage the champ that produce soultaped debuff, not the champ with the debuff

Morfeas and IMAGIRL like this.
  6. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Cleanse?
    Kill stuff?

Also, isn't every deck just "Deploy champions and win"?

Like, isn't that the point of the game?

Ohmin likes this.
  7. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

Yeah, but are good champs with cleasing aura, soultap/backlash its a problematic mechanism right now, more because backlash hit the soultaped champ, its hard to win when your champs get -4hp every turn and your oponent get nora from that champs, ALSO this abilities were put on already big nora generating faction (0/10 from devs there)

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This thread is freaking surreal. It also highlights a huge part of the Pox ideology: direct counters.

Taplash shows up, does some damage, and people see it as a threat. It functions like a DoT that triggers for slightly more damage -- if stacked -- half as often. And then the response is "how do we deal with this?" - "maybe cleansing aura, I guess, but there's nothing else!" What on earth? How long have DoTs been in this game? I dunno, perhaps there's been a gaping power problem for 8 years no one has bothered to address, but I'm thinking Taplash is just fine.

mw24, Lauremoon, Nea and 6 others like this.
  9. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

hey @kalasle he just asked, and i respond him what i think its the best counter, if he ask whats the counter for charge champs, death effects, spot removal, if we want to help him just lets do it... also i saw some players having problem with this DoT combo

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@nico I don't think that was directed at you. I think it was kalasle just venting about ideology of Pox.

mortal ix likes this.
  11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yup, no condemnation mate. I think that exchange illustrates an underlying thought, process, however, and it's a weird one.

edit: and as @IMAGIRL says, it's more a general expression of bewilderment.

IMAGIRL and Leadrz like this.
  12. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

yeah you right @IMAGIRL ,but thats perfect for the game, peoples looking for combos and counter-combos, at least its fun to me, because i love bg desing/creation

13. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

Killing The keychamps and high pressure/rushing helps a lot.
    Most champs involved in such bgs are not even high meta material.

But I agree that it is quiet scary as a mini module in firk bgs.

But please stop trying to destroy bgs simply because you don't find a brain dead 1 button counter solution.

WhatTheHex likes this.
  14. Nora That

are you serious? a DOT? one can make a FULL bg of backlash champs and all they have to do is soultap you once and a defiling spinnel and no cleanse AND you take 2 dmg for each champ with backlash. This is NOTHING like a DoT this is stupid OP

15. Nora That

key champs? meaning you'd have to kill EVERY champ your opponent has. FW/FS FULL backlash every champ has it, the brainless thing here is this stupid combo .

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

The highest number of Backlash Champs you can get without going with a Rainbow deck is 10, going with either FS/FW or FW/ST (and I'm cheating with the FW/ST by including Implications).

Most of those don't have any means of giving Soultap by themselves. Really it's just the new Utterdark Leviathan with Feedback (which also means it's not proactive application). So if they are "full" of Backlash, kill their Soultap units. If they are full of Soultap, kill their Backlash units (or not care, since it's not actually that much damage).

But let's talk seriously for a bit. Say you've got 4-5 Backlash champions out, that's 8-10 bonus damage on a Soultap target every Round. It's not much different from consistently reapplying a Rank 3 DoT ability ever round, which will do 9 damage a round (though is effected by Tough). The difference is that Soultapped can last longer, but also that that you require 4-6 champions for the Backlash effect, and only 1 to apply the Rank 3 DoT. Or put into simpler terms, Soultapped is a relatively backloaded DoT .

Defiling Spinnel is a non-issue. It's not like it makes Soultapped worse than any other debuff.

SPiEkY and Leadrz like this.
  17. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

You are also forgetting Psychic Anguish as an applicator with the majority of FS being Psychic the application of tap is abundant once the Firk Mindcaller is on deck.

18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Which makes the Mindcaller a "Key Rune" to kill, if it dies, suddenly no more soultap. Also, it's worth noting that Soultapped from Anguish is only 3 turns (as opposed to the 10 turns from Soultap, or the indefinite from Soultap Luminescence ).

I'm not saying it's as simple as that in a given game mind you (Mindcaller is 4-6 range and can hide behind stuff or even have Shadowspawn), but there are ways to dismantle Taplash, and it certainly isn't a deck that you can just "summon champs and relics and BAM free win" with. Leastwise not more than most other solid decks.

19. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

The only issue I have with this interaction is when the soultap effect is permanent (which I know is the case from the FS/UD relic). If soultap had a duration, I think it is fine interaction.

JellyBerry, doubtofbuddha and SPiEkY like this.
  20. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Agree with Strings, Soultap gen should have durrations and not be infinite.

mw24 and Sealer0 like this.