Backlash/Soultap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nora That, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

you defend your bg that's cute, but doesn't change the fact that it is brainless and when you have a full backlash bg 1st 3 turns you can get 3 champs out depending on the map and your carefulness you can have 5 out before a battle even begins. So you're wrong. Also focusing on my grammar does not help your cause, as it is irrelevant. The point is made and you understood so lets focus on the issue at hand and not get sidetracked. The backlash/soultap bg is made by the devs so I directed the msg to them (obviously). Oh did I mention that one can play this "STUPID" "BRAINLESS" bg with their eyes closed? But I suppose those that cry the hardest and brown nose the devs enough get what they want. LoL a bunch of morons listening to bigger morons, and sokolov is king of morons Pun intended

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This one time I went on the internet with no intention of formulating arguments. I just went full rage mode and they all understood what I meant. I accomplished all my goals thanks to rage mode!

Thanks rage mode!

Pattn199, JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  3. Nora That

Formulating arguments vs idiots is insanity as they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. I'm just here to call the BS. Simply not liking my tone changes nothing. Truth remains and I speak it brutally ;)

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Perhaps that's why nobody is bothering taking this serious.

Pattn199 and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

So, literally everybody else in this thread is wrong, and you're the only person who's right?

6. Nora That

I am not alone in this, if you read the threads you will see that for yourself. @BurnPyro that's your opinion, and many won't admit it simply because it was I who posted it. which in turn makes me giggle to see all suffer through this bulls**t bg just out of spite, Two thumbs up :)

7. Nora That

Again focusing on my tone/grammar is only a diversion from the truth. Keep on keeping on

8. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

The inability to be objective and properly convey messages (which is rather commonplace in the forums anyway) won't take you very far regardless of what you call yourself. There is a thin line between being "brutally honest" and just sticking with the brutal part. Might want to consider a different approach.

That said, take the proper approach and play this kind of BG yourself in order to present a better argument. Considering the way you explain it you should be rank 1 by next week, effortlessly. Looking forward to it.

Pattn199, SPiEkY and BurnPyro like this.
  9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Feel free to offer a substantive argument for people to focus on instead. As it is, all you've really given people to argue against is your attitude and unsubstantiated claims.

10. Nora That

My approach won't change, as for the last 4 years this game's "leaders" have done nothing but ruin it, which in turn made me an angry player. The point here is my message was conveyed, but because it is not in uniform with how certain people like it to be...here we are. That's no different from wanting to eradicate races,cultures of people simply because they aren't like YOU. While you formulate " commonly accepted" sentences thinking that it makes you better at conveying your point, in turn you show the ugly truth that is discrimination. Never the less, whether I say it one way or another makes no difference.

11. Nora That

I did @ the start of the post , but because I have haters 'tis boiled down to this...

12. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Oh, yes, this is yet another of those threads!

OP claims something they loss to is broken.
    Everybody else point their flaws on their argument.
    OP refutes by telling everybody else is wrong, but him and those who support them. "That is my history and I am sticking to it!"
    Everybody else try to explain him what is wrong in both, his attitude and argument.
    "I am cynically honest and if you can not deal with the Truth, you can not deal with me!"

This is going to be good.

13. Nora That

more giggles

14. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

It's not discrimination as much as it is common sense. If you go around yelling, swearing and name calling things in order to prove a point and you don't get people to listen to you, try to think of who or what the problem is. I'm not telling you to change your ways to do things or whatever it is you call it, just that the rule is that if you want to be listened to, say something worth listening. And so far it hasn't been the case.

It's not a direct attack at you as much as it is that people pretend to have others consider what they deem a problem yet they're not willing to adapt to make it happen. This does not apply here only, but anywhere. Your frustration is that of your own and no one should have to deal with it.

That said have fun raging at stuff and have people respond the same way, I'm sure you'll reach a common ground at some point.

Not.

I'm out.

Pattn199 and SPiEkY like this.
  15. Nora That

That's the best sugarcoat I ever heard. But you do write it oh so well ;)

16. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

I'm sorry I happen to be educated and my words come as sugarcoating to you.

Damn this line at the bank is really long, now I'm really out.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The arrogance of a mediocre player to claim that others should just "accept that he lost to an unbeatable and broken bg" is astounding.

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

While I don't think the deck itself is OP or broken, I do consider the Soultap + Backlash to be not WAI.

That said, it currently doesn't have a high priority on my list.

19. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

I gonna give it one more try, trying to explain from my perspective how strong (my deck) backlash tap is the way I play it.

First of all, you need turn 1. If you don't get turn 1 you are almost 100% 1 font behind unless there is no mid font and no easy way to contest in the even font line up (might actually fix this by putting pygmy stampede in my deck and pray for a good draw, but a lot of things are hard to replace because you require a certain amount of cards for the setup to be worth it).

I get rekked by all the strong early game decks (definitely when they get first turn). So that's pretty much all goodstuff meta bg's. I also lose to setups that are better early and late game. So that's witches and anything SL really since their spells just make any combo of champs a great setup (draksar, skeez probably goodstuff). Also "stand back and summon" rek me, so tree folk, myx, zombies. High ranged generally also reks me so I need to take juya out asap (with essence drain for example)

Now I run some cards to counter some of the above. Being decay vs angels and draksar, upping my chances vs all goodstuffs + draksar. I run backlash (huehehueheuheuhe) so I can beat goodstuff FW because they sometimes summon UT or can't deploy it.
    I run one guy with sever summons so I don't totally get rekked by summon spam. I run a lot of damage that gets through without hitting so I counter NKD and other anti basic attack champs (good vs ST)

So that leaves me with the following. I get (totally) rekked by:
    Skeez FF SL
    Goodstuff FF SL
    minotaurs FF UD
    Goodstuff FF UD
    Goodstuff FF IS
    Goodstuff FF SP
    Goodstuff FF KF
    Goodstuff FF FS
    Witches FF FW
    Treefolk
    Myx
    from the top of my head.

That being said, there is actually no way to prove anything is really OP unless it absolutely shines out. Until you let 10k people with all runes play each other for money. So we'll actually see a legit meta settle. So far I see only couple of 100 people actually know how to make effective decks out there and that's not enough to actually see the max potential of all rune combinations of every faction.

And calling something broken because it can compete with some goodstuff decks is complete bullshit. Look! A deck that can rek mine without using a ton of super rare runes. Omfg that's so brainless and OP.

20. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Yes, people do not agree with you because they hate you. Not because they don't agree with your arguments.