Bad Blood and Combat Awareness

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Garr123, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

When you target a champ with Bad Blood who has Combat Awareness, they take no damage. Is this a bug or WAI? The text on Bad Blood would lead me to believe it's a bug, as it says "Deal 15 Magical damage to target champion."

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Yeah, that doesn't seem like it is WIA because it is single target spell damage. Thanks for reporting this.

3. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Hi Senshu, while we're talking about combat awareness and what should work with it and what shouldn't, are you aware that blowing up the spell's Mine Field's mines (which is an AoE 2 explosion) does not trigger CA and the champ takes the damage? Same applies to UD font bonus, as well as the spell MINDSLICER BOOMERANG, comat awareness triggers on none of these, so the champ takes the damage when perhaps it shouldn't.

4. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Mine Field is them triggering trap relics, which aren't spells or abilities.

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Combat Awareness is one of those more tricky abilities because it's exception list isn't as clear cut as others. As Garr123 stated they are Relics, but the problem does not state Relics in it's exception list. We have known about this for a while. When our designer gets to addressing this issue he will make the call if the description needs updating or the ability needs to be reworked.

Pipster likes this.
  6. Roger Road

Roger Road Member

Well I believe it was intended so not a single aoe can touch it. Only single target dmg such as flamestrike basic attacks or spells that target single runes such as essence drain. It's been like day since my hay days. Run more shadowshank.

7. Roger Road

Roger Road Member

Ya that is a bug. It should take the 15 dmg, and it should take the 8 global dmg because it triggers by blood. Duh.