Balance? No. Diversity? Yes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greysands22, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Pox can never be balanced. Something is always going to be a little stronger. Even if it's entirely in the community's head because somebody made 2 threads about it.

The real test is BG diversity.

This is something I think Sokolov got right during his tenure. Can you play and enjoy strigs, nids, beasts, demons, fire, frost amp, boghoppers, psy amp, skeles, beasts, minos, vamps, voils, clops, moga, electricity, zombies?, elves, archers, pallys, constructs, centaurs, barbs, bleed, leoss, tortuns, insex, tar...

I know tar is not a theme. Yet. But that's how you tell how healthy balance is... by how many bgs you can field and feel like you have a chance to win.

Obviously there is always going to be a FOTM theme which might be a little out of line. But they get tapped, they always get tapped and then somebody else can be the new top dog.

Just make sure that no matter what one of pox's MANY themes a new player is drawn towards they feel like they have a chance to win and not that they have to buy three different 200k value runes from poxbox before they can start enjoying whatever theme they were drawn to in the first place.

If a new guy thinks voils are awesome, make it so he can have every voil rune cheap and right now. Don't monetize the runes we already have....that is pure fail. There are already too many. Give them out like candy to new players. THEN when you make a new expansion make sure EVERYBODY gets a new shiny for whatever theme (or themes) they chose. There you go. The new player you basically gave all those voil runes to is buying boxes to get the NEW & AWESOME voil rune that comes in the new expansion. Also the whales have a reason to buy more if EVERY theme gets a new exo.

Do that and then the steam launch will go well. DoG is definitely on the right path here. Just don't be afraid to go all the way with it.

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Positive thoughs, really appreciated :)

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Stated the obvious, still got my like.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Give me your likes

5. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Wait, tar?
    I didn't think there was a SINGLE rune that did anything with tar?

Greysands22 likes this.
  6. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Correct Mr Centuros.

Correct.

7. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

.....yet

.......and so it begins.

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

BOOM MINDBLAST!
    Sl will expand on this i hope (even though i don't play SL)
    Only faction need both diversity but needs more cohesion is Demons (right now they are all over the place)

9. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

I approve for diversity on upgrades that have 3 ranks of the same ability.

10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

#tarshark2014

11. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Mud Elemental changed to Tar Elemental, gains Trail: Tar and Tarwalker.
    Recolored to black.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Skeezick Tarmaster

~ It's tar.

13. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Trapmaster gains Deploy: Tar Trap (when an enemy champion moves within 2 spaces of this relic, all enemy champions within 2 spaces take 12 physical damage, and all affected spaces become tar for 3 turns)

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Tar Veil: When this champion is deployed, the whole map becomes tar indefinitely. Because Firk you, that's why.

Greysands22 likes this.
  15. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

16. dirtylimey

dirtylimey Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sounds re-tar-ded.

17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

that was tarrible

TheBulwark likes this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

none of those jokes are up to tar

TheBulwark likes this.
  19. dirtylimey

I'm going to tar-get you, wrap you up in a tar-p and dump you in An-tar-ctica.

TheBulwark likes this.
  20. dirtylimey

Also tar.

Dagda likes this.