Balance patch notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nebron, Oct 27, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I can list what he should be doing, as others and I have done. Can you guess why we dont bother anymore? Bonus points if you can link it to a failing policy.

2. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

I sense sarcasm.

3. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

How do you sense sarcasm? Do you even know who daisy is?

Ballballer and SPiEkY like this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I have no clue who this joker is. So it's not of any importance anyway.

5. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

Should I know? I don't take account of people's names unless there's green around them nowadays. If they have the inside information on the SOE and DOG hand off maybe they are important. Considering DOG's lawyers can't even get tourney's approved when the last 5 indie card games released have had cash tourney's released within the first 6 months tells me to have reservations about what exactly they got in the deal. Money also seeming to be an issue tells me SOE being the good business practitioners that they are withheld anything that wasn't legally owed by the purse strings.

As there are plenty of unknowns I listed common problems that could crop up from poor management or lack of caring for a product. Code isn't complicated for the sake of being complicated unless it's coded poorly. If progress is struggling because of the amount that can coded and "fixed" in a day there are only so many places to point to.

I sense sarcasm because daisy's quote reflects exact opposite of the customer complaints on this thread. It read in an ironic tone you could see how they line up with the negative consensus.

To make it easier:

"personally and insulted" nothing was made personal or insulting in my post. "SOE and DOG hand off being clean and thorough" a large majority of Pox users distrust SOE. " As quickly as they have" No real patch in 2 months.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Cool story, brue

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Gratz, I read your first sentence and you confirmed to be an utter moron who has no clue what he's talking about.

Ballballer and Nebron like this.
  8. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Your ignorance on this subject is rather astounding.

Ballballer and SPiEkY like this.
  9. Fesh

Fesh The King of Potatoes

Daisy fixed ALLOT of bugs in pox and was quite loved by many. He really did help usher in a whole new level of pox performance. I would just step away from the forum on this one. The forum trolls are fully ready to tear someone apart.

mortal ix and SPiEkY like this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

People need to stop using the word troll when they don't understand it's meaning.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

A troll is something that lives under a bridge.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  12. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Daisy was the previous coder/bug fixer

13. Fesh

Fesh The King of Potatoes

mortal ix likes this.
  14. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

I code java. If he says that it takes 2 days of work to make ~25 changes and he's coding full time, then I have to assume he's talking about big changes like fixing how a certain ability resolves. Editing an object to change specific stats or which abilities are used or to use a specific cost instead of the autocalc cost would take seconds.

Keep in mind that he might not just be referring to coding. Do you want him to spend 5 minutes on fixing AA? Or do you want him to Firking think about how to balance it? Thinking takes time, especially when you are doing it alone.

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

We've been telling him exactly how to fix this Bane Shift, he just needs to Firking do it.

Nebron likes this.
  16. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

I do know from experience that when your game has a reputation for not updating frequently and negative forums, it is much easier to convince yourself that it's okay to put off updating another day to "do things right." Which is usually "do what you think would make the game better." Do you really think Gedden feels at all obligated to please ****s like BurnPyro and Baskit? You guys being twats is really just shooting yourselves in the foot. Just imagine if game developers acted like you people. Then remember that you're both adults of similar age and gasp in terror. Ever stop to think silence is sometimes the best possible response that a developer can give a forum of trolls?

17. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

All of the negative posters have the same attitude as the Revolutionary Communist Party. Any protest that is under way is usurped by the RCP and converted to their agenda. These forums have followed the same pattern. Any time someone expresses an opinion about something in the general forums one of these posters always finds a way to convert the thread into their agenda biscassy promotes his slogan, " Good things about what DOG is doing to Pox." BurnPyro is the pox version of Bob Avakian. Burn all you need now is your own Pox manifesto and some signs, pickets, and anti DOG hand outs. I guess you could call yourselves the (RPP) Revolutionary Pox Party.

mortal ix likes this.
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The thing is, everyone supported DoG and was willing to help them move on. Gedden ignores the community a lot. Tokens for example, are one thing we've been trying to fix since the take over. DoG promised to communicate constantly with us. They promised to do balance patches weekly. MULTIPLE players tried to assist them MULTIPLE times.

19. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Seems to me hes overwhelmed with certain aspects of coding and i'm sure all the surprise bugs that pop up every time u change something. It's a one man code show and he is not able to pay for the help he needs. You mad posters should find out what is going on with the code show and see how you can provide more help. There has got to be one or more competent pox coders out there somewhere. Defaming Gedden's character is not going to get the game fixed any faster and it's not going to make your frustration go away. I am not an optimist I am a realist and this is the paradigm I have about the pox situation.

20. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

No, I agree with you. You're right. But there is a difference between being right and being persuasive. Adults like you and me know are able to recognize it. In the course of our lives, we've noticed that being right matters all of jack Bane Shift when it comes to getting something done. This is one of those situations. It only took one coherent post on the forums about AA to inform the devs that they had missed a unit with the nerf bat. The devs read the forums. Every other post about AA inflames the community, which probably doesn't matter, but also potentially pisses off or scares away a dev from posting info. That happens.

The go-to response to forum trolls is to ignore them, and the community manager of a negative forum usually spends weeks between giant update posts because they've been conditioned by past job experience to tippy-toe around making things any worse. Happy forums might get lots of little posts because you don't have to worry about Firking anything up, but unhappy forums pretty much always have long silence followed by a giant announcement on the news wall. And the only chance you've got of hearing from anyone besides the manager is in a happy forum, because those CS nerds are all smart enough to give absolutely zero ****s about dealing with a bunch of immature ****s.

A week ago, I privately emailed DoG about a bug and they fixed it by the next day. So they know how to get things done. Do I think they should hurry up and nerf bat AA, hawk strike, and loyalty because it's an easy ninja fix? Yeah, but I also know asking for that won't get me anywhere.

Then there are the portion of us that don't understand the difference between being right and being persuasive.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
    mortal ix likes this.